Megatron tries to drain oil out of the Earth several times using several ridiculous methods.
Megatron and Soundwave pilot a gigantic hovering fuel transport they had stolen from the humans over a link on the Alaskan Pipeline. Having bribed a human worker with the promise of a new Jeep, their plan is to discreetly siphon off oil gradually, but Megatron gets immediately impatient. After the nameless Decepticon goons attach the cables, Megatron starts sucking up oil at a ridiculous rate. When the human gets angry, Megatron blasts him... with a stun-ray. Pansy. Little does Megatron know that the human's new Jeep is actually the Autobot Hound in disguise, who transmits the information back to Prowl at the Autobot base.
Both stories were told in picture-book form, coming with an audio cassette with the story narrations and acting on it. This version also came packaged with the yellow version of Cliffjumper... who didn't appear in the stories.
An "animated" VHS version was also available, using chroma-key to cheesily animate the static pictures, with the storybook text superimposed on the bottom of the screen.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Animation and/or technical glitches
- The two Decepticon thugs have Seeker bodies, but are completely uncolored. They're solid white like the snow around them.
- The cover depicts Prime and Megatron shooting it out at an oil pumping station. When in fact Optimus never leaves the base in the story. Wow.
- This is one of several "episodes" to have been given the MSTF treatment at the official Transformers conventions... specifically, at OTFCC 2003.
- The humans have a colossal hovering supertanker transport... the right size for Transformers to comfortably pilot. Alllllllllllllllrighty.
- This dude is willing to sell out the Earth... for a Jeep? And how did Hound get in on this anyway?