This timeline covers the history of the Transformers Animated cartoon continuity. Note that since the timeframes for some events are given in only vague terms, the exact ordering of portions of the timeline is a "best guess". Also, the Animated units of time "solar cycle" and "stellar cycle" both appear to be rough equivalents of an Earth year.
10 billion years ago
"4 million solar cycles" ago
- Megatron begins his search for the missing AllSpark.
- Starscream begin his many tries to destroy Megatron and become leader of the Decepticons.
- Lockdown captures Ratchet and Arcee to bring to Megatron so they can steal the access code. Lockdown also steals Ratchet's E.M.P. Generator. Ratchet uses it to reluctantly erase her memory core, but not before Lockdown overloads it. Her current status is unknown
"2 million stellar cycles" ago
- Omega Supreme sacrifices his spark to win the Great Wars. He's been in modified stasis ever since.
"A thousand stellar cycles" ago
- Optimus Prime, Sentinel Prime, and Elita-1 explored an alien planet in search of a crashed Decepticon ship and its store of energon. After a battle with giant spiders, the Primes escaped, but Elita One was left behind. She then became Blackarachnia and the Decepticons later found her and joins their ranks.
- Optimus and Sentinel join the Elite Guard, though Optimus was kicked out. Sentinel was promoted under the name of minor.
- Shockwave infiltrates Autobot Boot Camp in the guise of Longarm, in hopes of becoming an Autobot Intel Bot.
- Bumblebee goes to Boot Camp in hopes of becoming an Autobot soldier.
- Ironhide goes to Boot Camp in hopes of becoming an Autobot soldier.
- Wasp goes to Boot Camp in hopes of becoming an Autobot commander.
- Bulkhead leaves the energon farm and goes to Boot Camp in hopes of becoming an expert in Space Bridge technology.
- Sentinel becomes the drill sargent of Boot Camp. He gives the crew their names and, no thanks to Bumblebee, punishes them with lots of Transform-ups. JERKS!
- Shockwave, in order to keep the suspicious Bumblebee off the trail of the real spy, puts his gear in Wasp's locker and Wasp takes the fall and goes to jail.
- Despite exposing the assumed spy, Bumblebee and Bulkhead are sent to become Space Bridge technicians with Ratchet, Prowl (unknown how he got here, as of now.), and Optimus, while Longarm and Ironhide graduate from Autobot Academy. Needless to say, Bulkhead becomes Cybertron's top Space Bridge expert and got a higher score on his aptitude test than any other scientist
- Seemingly quite some time after the AllSpark was lost, the Great War ended with the Decepticons defeated. 
- A crew of Autobot repairbots led by Optimus Prime working on a damaged space bridge gateway stumbled upon the lost AllSpark. After a battle with Megatron and the Nemesis, their ship crashed to Earth, settling underwater in Lake Erie.
50 years later (22nd century)
- The Autobot repair crew awakened sometime in the 22nd century and became celebrities in the city of Detroit. 
- ↑ Ratchet stated that "We've been around for 10 billion years." It is not made explicit, but from the context it seems as if he was referring to the Transformer race as a whole.
- ↑ There are three references to the war ending "centuries ago" in "Transform and Roll Out, Part 1": two spoken by Ratchet and one by Optimus Prime. It is unclear whether this is an "Earth century" or a Cybertronian one... but Optimus' crew hadn't yet had contact with Earth when these statements were made.
- ↑ The packaging blurb on the "Transform and Roll Out!" DVD refers to the 22nd century. Additionally, Professor Sumdac mentions that his updates to Dino Drive's animatronic dinosaurs "bring[s] Dino Drive into the 22nd century."