Transformers My Little Pony #3 is the third issue of IDW Publishing's crossover comic miniseries Transformers/My Little Pony: Friendship in Disguise. In the issue, Fluttershy and Discord's tea time is interrupted by Soundwave, and Rainbow Dash finds herself in a race against Windblade.
At Fluttershy's cottage, she and Discord are having their weekly tea party get-together when the Decepticon Soundwave crash-lands outside. Fluttershy's animal friends retreat inside the cottage in a fearful panic as Soundwave deploys his Mini-Cassette subordinates Laserbeak, Frenzy, Ratbat, and Ravage to scout and secure the area. Mistaking the smaller Decepticons as Soundwave's pets due to their resemblance to animals, Fluttershy comes out to introduce herself, and Soundwave determines her to be non-threatening.
When a cautious Discord comes out, however, Soundwave recognizes him as a threat and attacks. As Discord throws off Soundwave with his shapeshifting abilities and chaotic nature, the Mini-Cassettes corner and interrogate Fluttershy about the new world they have arrived in. During this, Fluttershy notices scratches where Ravage has sustained damage from past battles. She offers healing ointment to her new animal friends, which warms Ravage, Ratbat, and Laserbeak up to her, but Frenzy is unmoved by her compassion, physically knocking her away.
Fluttershy calls Frenzy a bully for dismissing her attempts to be kind and welcoming, and the other Mini-Cassettes turn on him. With his chaos magic, Discord turns himself and Fluttershy's animals into mechanical beasts, and they attack Soundwave while Ravage, Ratbat, and Laserbeak attack Frenzy. Realizing the power and might of friendship, Soundwave and Frenzy change their tune, and Fluttershy offers to start over and make friends; Soundwave and Frenzy agree under threat of Discord turning them into ponies.
As the two sides make peace, Soundwave receives a transmission from Megatron ordering him to rendezvous at another location. Soundwave acknowledges the order, but as he watches the Mini-Cassettes have fun with their new friends, he decides to stay a little longer.
The Flyin' Fox Trot
Rainbow Dash is relaxing in the clouds when the supersonic Autobot Windblade suddenly speeds past. When the two introduce themselves, what starts out as a friendly conversation quickly turns into a rivalry over which of them is faster. They decide to settle this with an impromptu race, with other ponies and Autobots also taking part.
As the race gets underway, Rainbow Dash and Windblade keep pace with each other, but a sudden rumbling sound heralds the arrival of the Decepticons Misfire, Acid Storm, Ion Storm, and Nova Storm. Wanting to prove to both Cybertron and Equestria that the Decepticons are superior to the Autobots, Misfire and his associates attack Rainbow Dash and Windblade. Windblade suggests they retreat, but Rainbow proposes they take the Decepticons out with an aerial maneuver called the "Flyin' Fox Trot".
At Rainbow's direction, the two first stay within the Decepticons' range and bait them into misjudging their flying speed. When the Decepticons fire heat-seeking missiles, Rainbow and Windblade fly off in opposite directions and guide the missiles into flying back at the Decepticons, resulting in an explosion and the Decepticons' defeat. At the finish line, Rainbow Dash and Windblade hold the trophy together and declare their competition a tie while the defeated Decepticons lie beneath them in a crumpled pile.
- Discord: --And I said, "That's why you don't eat oranges in my chaos dimension, buddy! Sometimes, the fruit bites you!"
- Fluttershy: Haha. Oh, Discord... You make even the most upsetting things sound so fun.
- Soundwave: Soundwave to Megatron. Alien landscape... detected. Initial data seems... illogical.
- Fluttershy: --It. Has. Pets?!
- Fluttershy: I'm always happy to make a new friend.
- Soundwave: Threat assessment... negative.
- Soundwave: [to Discord] Threat assessment--significant!
- Frenzy: [to Fluttershy] A'right! Start talkin', ya candy-lookin' pack animal. What is this place?! What're its defenses?! Why's everything smell like lavender?!
- Soundwave: [to Discord] Decrease absurdity. Or be deactivated.
- Frenzy: We don't get "boo-boos." That's... battle damage!
- Fluttershy: Well, I'm sure no pony wants that!
- Frenzy: Yeah, yeah--save it for the message boards!
- Discord: Big mistake--"detected."
- Soundwave: Friendship... superior.
The Flyin' Fox Trot
- Rainbow Dash: I'm Rainbow Dash, and I'm the fastest in Equestria.
- Windblade: Until I showed up?
- Rainbow Dash: Still!
- Windblade: Are you sure about that? I mean, I just broke the sound barrier. I have jet engines.
- Rainbow Dash: Sure. But can you do a sonic rainboom?
- Rainbow Dash: See you at the finish line!
- Windblade: Yes! Because that's where you'll find me waiting!
- Misfire: Heard you were having a little race. Did you forget to invite us?
- Rainbow Dash: Do these guys always talk like drama villains?
- Windblade: You've done this before, right?
- Rainbow Dash: No, but I've seen it in books!
- Windblade: I think I like the Flyin' Fox Trot.
- Rainbow Dash: Not bad, right?
- Windblade: So, tie?
- Rainbow Dash: Tie.