Thunderwing strives hard to overcome his being the physically weakest of the Air Military Mini-Con Team by focusing on his skill at stealth. Spying or sneak attacks, Thunderwing is only heard when it's too late. He gets along well with his commander Gunbarrel, believing in the superiority of his disciplined combat style.
An alternate-universe incarnation of Thunderwing is partnered with the herald of Unicron Ramjet, but shares none of Thunderwing's personality traits... he hasn't got a personality anymore. Untold millennia of servility to the dark Transformer have left him -and his fellow Mini-Cons- little more than drones, utterly subservient to his master's will.
- Japanese name: Flame
Armada animated continuityEdit
Dreamwave Armada comic continuityEdit
Cybertron animated continuityEdit
Fun Publications Cybertron comicEdit
- Air Military Mini-Con Team (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-11
- Thunderwing transforms into a "flying wing" stealth bomber. He also has a third "weapon" mode, a "spinning blade" that makes use of his unique free-spinning Powerlinx socket. He was normally only available in a three-pack with his teammates Gunbarrel and Terradive.
- Thrust w/ Air Military Micron (Multi-pack, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MS-06
- The entire Air Military Team was packaged with Thrust and Inferno in a special Japanese multi-pack as well as the normal individual releases.
- Air Military Micron X-Dimension (Basic, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MM-12
- For their X-Dimension redeco, the entire Air Military Team was redone in black, clear-black and white plastics, plus given a light white paint-wash. This set was released at normal retail, but in smaller numbers than the normal coloration.
- Unicron with Dead End (Bonus pack, 2003)
- Late in the US line, Wal-Mart stores got exclusive Unicron toys that came with the Air Military Team in a bubble attached to the top of the box. This set was sold for the normal retail price of Unicron... hey, free Mini-Cons!
- Ramjet w/ Thunderclash, Gunbarrel, Thunderwing, & Terradive (Multi-pack, 2004)
- Available as part of a Toys "R" Us exclusive "Spring Value Pack" with his master Ramjet, this version of Thunderwing was redecoed in mostly darker shades of his original colors. This set also came with redecoes of the Mini-Cons Thunderclash, Gunbarrel and Terradive.
- Fireflight with Firebot and Thunderwing (Deluxe, 2004)
- Thunderwing was redecoed again in Universe, this time for normal retail release, with Fireflight and Firebot. It's worth noting that the packaging for this toy lists both Mini-Cons as Autobots.
- The packaging for the Toys "R" Us Ramjet sets shows an air Military Team in very different colors. Thunderwing was given a black deco with flames on the back, very similar to the Generation 2 Cyberjet Skyjack.