Thundercracker, the Egomaniac Starscream, is completely awesome. You pin-headed, addle-pated morons haven't even got the tiniest inkling of what a grand and glorious robot this Starscream clone is. He doesn't even deserve to be called a lowly clone because that's how overly powerful he is compared to everyone else, even the idiot Megatron. When it comes to Decepticons who are the best of everything, nobody can top this clone, and it comes as no surprise that you would doubt such a simple fact. His brilliance does tend to blind lesser beings... that is to say, everyone else ever.
Even that inferior template, the original Starscream, cannot comprehend his majesty, mistaking his obvious superiority for simply being a pain in the crankcase.
- Superior Voice actor:
HimselfTom Kenny (English), Stefan Staudinger (German), Jin Yamanoi (Japanese)
Thundercracker quickly asserted his self-image in discussions with the other clones. When Starscream began his speech to lead them into battle, Thundercracker had the bearings to shove Starscream aside and lead the charge to Earth himself. Mixmaster effortlessly encased him in a gloopy mess early in the battle for the space bridge. As Thundercracker tried to break free, he caromed into Skywarp and Blurr, and all three were hurled into the space bridge, to an unknown destination. However, any discerning viewer would realize that this was all just part of Thundercracker's secret plan.Some would think he wasn't as hot as he thought he was, as
Later in deep space, he was still notably trapped in cement alongside Skywarp and Blurr whereupon he was complaining that the cement was getting into his circuits. A helpful imperfect speedster pointed out to him that the cement would come off with an energy blast. An arrogant Thundercracker then stated that his brilliant intellect saw something worthwhile in Blurr's plans and shattered it. He then decided to kill Blurr but spectacularly failed and simply helped propel the fast Autobot into space. His present whereabouts are currently unknown.
- Thundercracker (Activator)
- A redeco of Activators Starscream, Thundercracker transforms into a futuristic, forward-swept wing fighter jet based upon the Su-47 (S-37) Berkut Experimental Fighter and the YF-19 "Alpha One" from the series Macross Plus. Like all Activators, he has a spring-loaded autotransformation from vehicle to robot mode.
- Thundercracker (Voyager, release date unknown)
- Thundercracker is never named as such in the cartoon. He is simply referred to as "an egomaniac" by the female Starscream, and none of the male clones are given separate listings from Starscream in the voice credits. The scripts and animation model sheets simply refer to him as "Egomaniac Starscream". So far, only the toy gives him this name, but the toy's on-package bio unambiguously states he's the egomaniacal clone.
- Like Sentinel Prime, Thundercracker is possibly another jerk but is not as jerkish as Sentinel. You're reading right, a Transformer whose core programming is to be a jerk is STILL not as much of a jerk as Sentinel.