- Thrust is a Vehicon in the Beast Machines portion of the Generation One/Beast Era continuity family.
Thrust was one of the first of Megatron's Vehicon generals to be created, and was the last one to stand against the Maximals. Commander of the Motorcycle Drones, he is a dark, cold, brooding type, and is absolutely devoted to Megatron's goals, even though he knows what it means in the end for him. He is almost completely fearless, says exactly what is on his mind (he had the lugnuts to tell Megatron just how dumb his plan of using Maximal sparks to power the other two Vehicon Generals was), and takes a delight in tormenting his foes both physically and psychologically. Oddly, despite initial backstabbing, he grew to consider his fellow General Jetstorm a friend. This developed into a white-hot hatred when Jetstorm was reverted into the Maximal Silverbolt.
Thrust's personality and mind is in fact a shell program powered by the spark of the Predacon Waspinator. Despite this, Thrust has virtually no similarities to Waspinator, and the Predacon is very happy to be in the cool "biker-bot", even if only as a power source.
For Thrust's final fate, see the Waspinator article.
His Command Code is "overdrive," although in one anomalous instance, he used the phrase "accelerate."
Thrust can be distinguished from his drones by his size and yellow markings.
Thrust (or an alternate-universe incarnation of him) is among the many many Transformers captured by Unicron and held prisoner within the Cauldron. He escaped during the jail-break started by Trailbreaker and Silverbolt.
- Thrust (Deluxe, 2000)
- Accessories: Flame-missile
- Thrust transforms into a long, low-riding Cybertronic motorcycle. His insectoid-head-looking cycle-mode cowling is attached to a gear-wheel on his underside, which moves it back and forth in a "scanning" motion when Thrust is rolled along. His left tailpipe/arm features a spring-loaded missile-launcher, while his right has an extending "grabber claw". His robot mode could retain the single-wheeled form he is most commonly associated with, or be converted into an awkward, ducklike bipedal mode.
- Thrust (Happy Meal, 2000)
- Accessories: Stand
- A small, simplified toy of Thrust based on the cartoon model was one of nine Beast Machines Happy Meal toy premiums released in 2000. This toy is unique in that he was given a stand so his single-wheeled robot mode could stay upright, the only toy in the set to come with an accessory.
Beast Wars ReturnsEdit
- Thrust (Basic, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: BR-08
- Accessories: 2 flame-missiles
- Slightly redecoed from the Motorcycle Drone, Beast Wars Returns Thrust looks a heck of a lot more like his show counterpart than his Beast Machines toy. However, despite being identified as "Vehicon Thrust" on the packaging, the toy lacks the distinctive Yellow/purple scheme of the TV counterpart. Instead, we have a good motorcycle drone, but a less than accurate Thrust.
- His right arm/tailpipe contains a spring-loaded missile launcher, activated by pressing his spark crystal. His other arm's outer casing unfolds to recreate the look of a spark extractor. Like the rest of the line, he was exclusive to Japanese Toys 'R' Us stores.
- A prototype Thrust or Motorcycle Drone is seen on the screen of Cryotek's computer in "Theft of the Golden Disk".
- In the season 2 episode "Home soil", Thrust gives Optimus Primal what appears to be the finger. Optimus does scold when he does it. So it must be an insult on on Cybertron as well as Earth.
- Thrust's Personality trait's were opposite to Waspinator's