Behind the Beast Wars and between seconds, Razorbeast's Maximals fight Ravage's Decepticons.
Magmatron, shifted out of existence, monitors reality as a chronal ghost, able to access and witness all of time but interact with nothing. In his travels, two things stand out: the extinction of the Transformers, who destroy themselves in a feral rage, and the destruction of Cybertron by a familiar form. He's seen it many times, but there is no way for him to stop it. But there may be a way he can influence others to stop it...
In prehistoric times on Earth, Razorbeast, Prowl, and Wolfang consider their place on Earth, fighting Ravage, unsure if there's any chance of rescue.
Elsewhere, Grimlock gets into a battle with Retrax and Manterror, but the fight is just a diversion to draw Grimlock away from Razorbeast's Maximal base. Retrax detonates some explosives that signal the start to a large battle between the two armies.
While Torca kicks tons of ass outside, Ravage sneaks inside of the Maximal base to access the hardware that would allow himself to shift his place in time so that he might interact with Optimus Primal and Megatron's fight. Razorbeast stops Ravage and deduces from the desperation of the Predacon attack that Primal is close to winning conclusively. While Ravage explains, confirming the news and his intentions, Snarl slips into position to blast Ravage away from Razorbeast. The two Maximals knock the Predacon leader out.
Magmatron, watching the universe move forward, brings his attention back to the transwarp signal sent by the Maximals to request help from Cybertron. Although he's unable to interact with the physical world, he uses his temporal presence to escort the transwarp radio message though space to arrive at its intended destination. With his aid, the signal reaches Lio Convoy on Cybertron. The Prime decides to aid his agent on Earth.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- When Ravage is describing how Optimus Primal has captured Megatron, the image of Primal is lacking both his forearm/shoulder armor, and all four wings.
- Wolfang doesn't have his usual glowing green eyes and mouth this issue.
Items of note
|Specifics: Alt Cover|
- Cover A: the left (Maximal) side of an image drawn by Don Figueroa and colored by Josh Burcham
- Cover B: the right (Predacon) side of the same images
- Cover RI-A: Sketch cover by Nick Roche
- Cover RI-B: Uncolored covers A and B combined into a single (wraparound) image
- Beast Wars: The Ascending #2
- CGC Grading, feat. Grimlock
- Transformers posters
- Transformers movie prequel comic
- Transformers 2007 movie adaptation
- Megatron Origin comic series
- IDW trade paperbacks (Infiltration, Stormbringer, The Gathering, Hearts of Steel, War and Peace, Generations
- Greatest Battles of Optimus Prime and Megatron
- The Transformers Cover Gallery Book 2
- Star Trek: Year Four
- Devastation #1