On my browser (IE7), this template creates a message box with no right border. Is anyone else seeing this? JW 22:57, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- If I view it in IE, it appears that the box is too long for the central "column" in the Wikia page layout, so the right border gets cut off by the advertisements bar. (I also lose a word or two, depending on my window size.) I assume Derik can fix that. I could probably figure it out, but, it would take me a while to decipher the code. Derik hopefully remembers it well enough to adjust it quickly. --Steve-o 05:45, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Talk pages: odd recursion
The recent User:Leader-One's talkpage being nominated for deletion brought up a odd bug in... something. The wat the messagebox template links to a talk page is [[(page type) talk:page name]] e.x User talk:FortMax. This works fine because "User talk" is defined as the talk format for "User".
The problem is when a messagebox template is used on a talk page. "___ talk:" has no defined talk page heading, so the only way a talk page's talk page will show the talk page in the "article tab" is if the talk page's talk page is at [[Talk:_____ talk:________]]. This puts a link to [[_____ talk:______]] in the article tab. However, messagebox template in a talk page links to [[_______ talk talk:___________]], which shows up as an article with a talk page at [[Talk:______ talk talk:__________]] I set something up at User:FortMax/sandbox/Template:Tobedeletedtest
I have way too much time on my hands. --FortMax 18:41, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Note to self: Ask Fortmax if this was ever resolved. Recursion is creeping into more template so it has to work. -Derik 08:11, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
For the Future
Derik is making notes for himself:
- Can it be made smaller
- Can its visual style reference something from Transformers? (Has nto not clash with other visual aestetics, so probably not Movie.) Wait until new Monobook style reaches maturity post-move.
- Class-based? More contextual?
- This template should not display if printed. (Can this be coded to make an exception for this if it's on a talk page? In case someone prints their own for some reason? Test for Namespace:0?) This probably applies to other templates as well.
- I just said(Aug-25-08) something about CSS over at Template:quote#For the future I suspect may be important, but my brain refuses to pin it down at the moment. Go re-read it.
-Derik 08:11, 25 August 2008 (UTC)