Godzilla is not actually mentioned by name -- the entire panel is as follows:
CAPTION: In the flying headquarters of America's super-spy organization, S.H.I.E.L.D. ...
"DUM DUM": We gotta check out what's going on in Oregon, Nicholas.
"NICHOLAS": Dum Dum, if that big green, fire-snortin' lizard is loose again, I quit!
In keeping with the idea that this is a Transformers wiki and the spirit of the Spider-Man article, I think this Godzilla article should be modified to indicate that the lizard is speculated to be Godzilla, or perhaps even deleted entirely. Additionally, "Nick Fury" is more information than we have to go on here. He should simply be called Nicholas, with perhaps a side note that he is probably meant to be a TF-verse version of Marvel's Nick Fury.
--Steve-o 01:35, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
- You are so incredibly un-fun sometimes, Steve-O. Why don't you go jump a golf cart over a volcano or whatever the hell it is you do on TV? -hx 21:44, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
- On a side-note, the most notable big green fire-snortin lizard in regular Marvel continuity is Fin Fang Foom, but this probably isn't relevant in a TF context. KingAndy 11:16, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
Could the existance of Hojoni, a fictionalized version of Godzilla int he TFU, be taken as support for the idea that the REAL Godzilla exists in the TFU, and was inspiration for Hojoni? -Derik 00:24, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- What's the source on Hojoni? I'd love to see an article on him, but I have no clue what he's from. --Suki Brits 05:20, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
Fin Fang Foom was recently added to this article. I think that for clarity, it would be best to combine this article with Hojoni in some way so that the explanations can all be consolidated instead of fractured or repeated across two articles. It's true that Fin Fang Foom is a plausible Marvel-explanation for Nicholas' comment, but explaining that would require duplicating much of the Godzilla discussion on the Hojoni page. We may want to dump dragon into the amalgamated article, too. Any thoughts on this proposal? --Steve-o 04:44, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
Surely this article belongs in a Marvel Wiki rather than a TF Wiki (at least as much as it belongs anywhere)? I know there is a very tenuous crossover from the original 4-issue comic with Spiderman, but this still doesn't include green dragons, and is generally regarded as non-canon. I don't think it's unreasonable to consider deleting this article.
--Sofaman 03:18, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- That panel is from a TF comic. Could you please explain how "green dragons" aren't included when it's clearly mentioned right there? --Suki Brits 04:14, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Suki is right. This panel happened. It belongs in the wiki, whether it was ignored later or not. --ItsWalky 04:21, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Fair call then I guess. :S --Sofaman 11:59, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
Fin Fang Foom
Knowing virtually nothing about what was going on in the Marvel universe circa 1984... why is Godzilla the "obvious" reference and Fin Fang Foom not deserving of any acknowledgement? I see the note about Dum Dum's appearance in the Godzilla comic, but is FFF so far removed from the characters that it absolutely couldn't mean him either? - Jackpot 04:38, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Well, since Dum Dum was directly involved in Godzilla's hunt (sort of the General Ross to Godzilla's Hulk), and the comic happened to be in publication at the time of Transformers's debut... it makes sense. Fin Fang Foom usually fights The Fantastic Four anyway. --Detour 04:53, 30 August 2008 (UTC)