Not the same building?
Interlude starts with an introductory caption saying "Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2003." When Bumblebee is standing in front of the house-that-looks-nothing-like-the-PILTI, a Sector Seven agent informs his colleague that somone is searching Archibald Witwicky's medical records using a wireless signal "from just outside the asylum". So the building is supposed to be some sort of medical institution, and Bumblebee had been in Baton Rouge only a page ago, and since all panels between the "Baton Rouge" one and the one where he's standing in front of the house are supposed to be flashback panels, it's rather unlikely that he's supposed to have travelled to another city in the meantime. (Then again, it's odd to think that any medical institution would actually have digitalized records of an inmate who probably died prior to World War II, lest alone the abandoned-decades-ago PILTI seen in Prime Directive issue 4. Also, if it's abandoned, would there still be computers inside, attached to working power lines even? Yikes.)--Nevermore 17:02, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- The sequence of events seems to be:
- Bumblebee goes to the PILTI out in the countryside in/near Baton Rouge, finds it empty, scans it. Prime Directive issue 4
- Something there, we don't know what, leads him to the Asylum, which seems to be in downtown Baton Rouge. Interlude
- There, he scans the complete records, and tips off Sector Seven.
- The abandoned PILTI and the grungy-looking Asylum may have been intended to be the same place, but we don't know that. The art clearly shows two different locations, and no dialog, plot elements or narration contradicts that idea. With no other evidence, it seems pretty open-and-shut. Granted, yeah, why would they have digitized records from a place that closed 50 years ago? Who knows. That seems to be the real error. -- 17:18, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I asked Josh (Burcham, the colorist). The script for "Interlude" says this:
Same angle (exactly) as panel 1, Bumblebee’s headlights coming on. As per the scene (in issue #4) at the (former) asylum, the light seems to penetrate inside the building.
- (Quoted here with his permission.)
- So I'd say it is supposed to be the same building.--Nevermore 19:06, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Erm... the way I read that, it's saying it's not the same building. Saying that the action happens the same way it did at Location X kinda implies that this isn't Location X. (Haggling over a building that appears for two panels in an obscure comic that nobody cares about anyway. Man, are we having fun or what? :D -- Repowers 19:39, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Again from Josh, panel 1:
Night: Baton Rouge. Bumblebee (vehicle) sits (more or less alone) in the car park of an austere, turn of the (last) century building.
- Guess you're right. The script would specifically identify it as the same building if it was supposed to be.--Nevermore 20:00, 15 July 2008 (UTC)