Just a note that we don't yet know if Stardust and Zangetsu are female (and we're just assuming Angela is from name). They're voiced by women, but so are the male Glit and Sundor. I'm sure their official bios will go up soon and we'll know for sure. -Swift 17:05, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
Call for deletion, Dec 2006
12/19/2006 - So... this page is pretty much now utterly redundant, isn't it? I mean, there's only what, a half-dozen known female TFs not already listed on the "Female Transformers" Category page. This List page has pretty much worn out its usefulness as the wiki has grown, so I vote it be marked for deletion. --M Sipher 02:06, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I still don't know why you hate lists. This page serves some functions that the Female Transformers category doesn't serve, like if I wanted to know all the Female Transformers from, say, the Unicron Trilogy. It sure would beat clicking every single article in the category to find out. This format also allows us to put notes as necessary next to an individual entry, like "This character was a man over in this country." Besides, keeping this page here ain't harming nobody, and it's no worse than all the very necessary (I'd say) list pages of toy releases by country and year. --ItsWalky 02:13, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with Walky -- lists provide some functionality that can't be found in the categories, until/unless the Mediawiki software is upgraded to allow categories to be sorted in different ways, shown "flat" with their subcategory contents on the same page, etc.. I see Sipher's point, of course, that it seems redundant to have *both* a category and a list if their contents are going to be so similar. The only significant difference is that the category list is sorted alphabetically and contains no "notes". I'm inclined to say that makes the list superior, since somebody who knows the name of the character they're looking for can do an inline text search in their browser to find it on the list page, but if you know the series and not the name finding it on the category page will still be hard. Still, I don't think we should delete the category just because the list is better... I think that living with this redundandy is probably best. I would guess there aren't all that many lists that we're going to keep around anyway, so the total amount of redundancy will probably remain small. --Steve-o 16:37, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
How come the "to be deleted" tag hasn't been removed? --Rotty 17:39, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
deleted the catgirls. No evidence they're transformers (that I know of) sorry if I'm wrong.
Thanks for this great list, X-BoB.
I've made a bunch of modifications to improve its readability, but I think there is still a lot of work to be done. Mainly, I am unfamiliar with a large number of these characters, so I don't know what the proper way of writing their Wikilinks will be. I've done just a small handful of them, and left most of the rest the way X-BoB wrote them, even among ones that I would know. Please feel free to improve those links.
I also modified the way the Japanese character names were given. When appropriate, I gave preference to the English name and simply mentioned the Japanese name after it. If only the Japanese version is female, I list the Japanese name.
Some specific questions:
- Should TFU Sureshock really be on this list? I know the Japanese version of Sureshock was female, but Sureshock's sex is indeterminate as far as I know. I would assume that the same applies to Universe Sureshock.
- I have no idea what is meant by A-Armorhide.
- I don't know what the UT "Minerva" is or why it's in quotes.
- The androids section should be split up by continuity. Also, I assume that Artimus is a misspelling of Artemis, but, is that supposed to be the same Artemis that is already listed in the Beast Era section?
- In X-BoB's initial list, it appeared that the Japanese name for BM Blackarachnia got cut off. I assume, though, that her name is still Blackwidow in Beast Wars Returns. If that is correct, then no further modification should be needed on her entry.
There are a LOT of Arcees on this list. Disambiguating them will be a lot of work.
--Steve-o 21:54, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
In MTMTE Sureshock was female. TFU Sureshock is appearently an evil alt universe doppleganger. A-Armorhide is one of the Beast Wars repaint's minicon UT "Minerva" is the White Chromia X-BoB58 01:30, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
But 'Chromia White Mode' ISN'T Minerva, IIRC. She is in fact... Chromia(Thunderblast) in Minerva's colors, she does nto represent a seperate character. Who is nancy? -Derik
Hence "Minerva"'s deletion from the list! Thanks to me. Yes. (Nancy is Wreck-Gar's girl. She only ever got a name from a Japanese sourcebook.)--ItsWalky 04:12, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
Oh, Thanks Walky. I'd just been callign ehr 'Loosey,' as Junkion-ized version of the name he calls her in the episode, but that's clearly nto her REAL name, so I'll settle for an official JP one.
Cancix and Sagittarii needs to be on the list too. http://makeashorterlink.com/?X2A221BDC You can explicitly ID 7 of the 12 members of the Covenant assault by spoken names or commen sense from their zodiac-forms. There's one really ODD man-out in the lower-right here. That leaves 4 names unaccounted for. Sagittari, Cancix, Piscor and Aquator. Aquator is explictly stated to be male in Omega Point. Though there is some dodgily inconsistent coloring on the far-background covenant members (Geminator is blue when he dies) if we assume that the two females here on the top-right are SEPERATE characters (and there's no reason NOT to, the detailing around their waistline is totally different AND they're different colors) then you have 12 physical 'types' accounted for among the Covenant Assault Force.
Libras seems to have survived the 'Six on one Stroke' attack by Shokaract, but bought it before everyone reverted next to energy. We saw her standing next to the red 'bot I ID as Sagittarii here in-between those two scenes. Assuming Piscor is male (based on his -or name,) that means our two females much be Cancix and Sagittarii, though it's impossible to say which is which.
Comments? thoughts/ Agree? Disagree? Steve? Bueler? -Derik
I came to many of the same conclusions as you have about the members of the Covenant, Derik, although I think there are at least thirteen distinct robot forms seen. However, I took a slightly different tack on the inexplicable scorpion and assumed that it was a misdrawn Cancix, since Cancix would be the only other arthropod changeform amongst the Covenant, and therefore took the red female to be Cancix, with the blue one who is not Libras as Sagittarii, and the blackish-purple one to be one of the other two miscolored (although it's also possible, maybe likely, that Sagittarii should be blackish-purple and was miscolored as Libras). -LV 02:08, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
We have no confermation that TFU Sureshock and Nemisis Srika are the same gals as thier "mainstream" counterparts, in all likelyhood they are new characters X-BoB58 21:35, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
Sureshock/Strike, as AU counterparts, would be as seperate from Sureshock and Strika as Razorclaw is from Tigerhawk -Derik 02:53, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
TFU Sureshock is officialy an AU (OTFCC 04 live presentation), but there's not really anything but conjecture for Strika. - User: M Sipher
LV, I think I followed all of that, except 'the blue one who is not Libras' as Sagittari. Who is the blue one who is not Libras?! -Derik 04:06, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
I am not actually looking at the issue right now, but at some point a non-Libras-model (as in, she is missing the shoulder-scales) female is colored in Libras' blue and white scheme. -LV 05:07, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
Alignment is not canon. Therefore, neither is Mantissa. She doesn't belong on this wiki. - RolonBolon
(can i start mentioning Alignment if any of its characters creeps into Cannon?)
I would still say no - if Don Figueroa draws my fanfic character in War Within 4: The Age Of Sheeeak, that doesn't make my old fanfic canon. - RolonBolon
- Alignment is profiled in The Ultimate Guide when discussing the Liege. The word fanfic is not used until it's compared to Trans-masters (the sectionw as about UK coneventions and post-G2 stuff IIRC) when they say In its own way "Alignment" is fan fiction. The way it's presented is fairly clear- there's fanfic, liek Transmasters, and then there's Alignment, which is, technicly, fanfic... but not in the same sense as Transmasters.
- I think the best way to deal with is to simply give Alignment its own page, so you can refer back ot it in relevant footnotes, but don't have to 'contaminate' the main entries.
- Excepet the Liege Maximo. I dont't think youc an help but bring Alignment into his profile, possiby as a major sub-section segregated fromw hat was actually in G2/Omega Point.-Derik 11:20, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- Ichikawa seems to consider Allignment canon, at least he included those events in his "Grey Galvatron Activity Track Record" page at E-Hobby
- "For a time, the whereabouts of this Galvatron remained unknown, but the short story "Alignment," published in limited numbers for a British TF convention in 2001, described what could be presumed to be his subsequent fate. In this story, a sequel to the U.S. GENERATION 2 comic, Galvatron II led the Decepticon forces from his stronghold on the planet Pyrovar and mobilized a huge fleet of Warworlds, planet-sized battleships. Until his later defeat in a final showdown with Optimus Prime, Galvatron II weilded his fury far and wide across the galaxy."
- As to how and or if this changes the canonical position of Alignment, I have no idea...
- PS If we change the name of this article to Female Mechanoids then we can add things like the female lithones and the Catgirls
I know this is kinda a silly question, but should Stampy's Mom go on here? I mean she is a female TF from a Japanese Manga. If Esmyrl and Lyzak cound she probably should too right? ZacWilliam 11:02, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- We seem not to be featuring unnamed characters here, Paradon medic aside. (She had a toy)
Out of curiosity, are Roulette Shadow Striker flagged as TFU? I mean- yes- they are... but not int he sens of most TFU toys. Theyr'e definately (G1) in the sense we use the term ont he wiki. Am I missing something? -Derik 02:41, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, you're missing how the tags are used on this wiki. They're (TFU) because their series of genesis was... drum frill... UNIVERSE. --M Sipher 02:44, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- ...making our use of the (BW) tag rather odd- but then, the BW-stuff is fearsomely interconnected, for somethign that's ostensibly all seperate series. Which makes me ask, sicne TFU is a beast-era series, why isn't IT BW? (Because many characters are not, I know, but these two are...)
- It's like a question of ethical semantics. It makes my head hurt. -Derik 02:50, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- And BW is technically part of the G1 continuity, so I guess let's put everyone there as (G1)! --M Sipher 02:56, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- Want me to start changing links? -Derik 03:04, 24 May 2006 (UTC)