I removed the part about Hauler's appearance beign a retcon (instead saying his backstory had been established many years after the fact.)
Hauler's appearance is not a retcon. He was there. He was NAMED. That's Hauler. The explanationf or his later conspicuious absence is a retcon- Hauler's presence is cannon for MtMtE.
(You might argue it's a recton in Japan, but this wiki is english-centric) -Derik 15:03, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
Can somebody explain why Derik's revision and page move were reverted? Derik explained what he was doing here on the talk page and in the edit summaries, but then his work was undone by an anonymous editor and Singularity, neither of whom said anything about why. --Steve-o 04:55, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- I was looking into this the other day- tryignt o find substantiation to object- but I cant' find a decent source ot cite that he was called Hauler, not Load Hauler. (In fact, I found one post by someone stating the opposite.) It's POSSIBLE I'm totally misremembering, sicne it was a private conversation (whose 2nd party I no longer recall) that corrected me "no, it's Hauler ont he final package." I just filed the fact and never gave it a second thought.
- Even if I am misinformed abotu Hauler's name, the bit about hsi presence not being (strictly) a retcon should be put back.
- (I was kinda staying quiet hopign someoen more intimately familiar with the subject would step forward to clarify- all I knwo is froms econd-hand sources. I can't read Japanese.)-Derik 05:11, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- If you're talking about his name on the final package of the eHobby Exclusive, I can assure you it reads "Load Hauler", if that helps in any way. --DrSpengler 05:21, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- Helps, yes. Validates? No.
- Grr, I wish I knwo who told me that, I'd surely give him/her a piece of my mind! -Derik 05:23, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- According to the Inferno/Grapple section of the Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide, his name is romanized as "Roadhauler".
- I will certainly grant that Japanese guidebooks are not the best source for English names. However, having just spot-checked every other English name in the book, I can find no errors of this variety. As well, I currently can't find any posts by Doug Dlin which relate Hauler's "new" name one way or the other... someone may want to contact him about this. --Monzo 05:43, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- IIRc, fromt he original discussions, the romanization could go either way. (I cant' remember is goign with Load instead or Road was from Ichikawa-kun or not.) Regardless- official romanization v. unofficial. -Derik 05:49, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
Oh. Feel free to kip/edit that Complete Guide scan and the Hauler pics from the Obscure TF site for this profile, by the way. --Monzo 06:26, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
The Origins section says that Hasbro intended to release a 12th figure named Hauler. Do we know this was the name intended for release? (I don't argue witht he logic that he was the 12th figure, but the phrasing makes it sound like we KNOW Hauler was gonna be the release name.) If this is the case, can it be sourced? -Derik 20:18, 15 June 2008 (UTC)