- The TIE Fighter is a type of vehicle in the Star Wars continuity.
The TIE Fighter is a vehicle of some sort, always associated with Darth Vader. There are three known types, the Mini-Con TIE Fighter, the TIE Bomber, and the TIE Advanced Fighter that is Darth Vader's personal vehicle. At least three TIE Fighters defend the Death Star.
Star Wars TransformersEdit
- Darth Vader TIE Advanced Fighter (2006)
- Darth Vader's mecha transforms into a TIE Advanced Starfighter, featuring twin spring-loaded missile launchers. These missiles become "lightsaber" melee weapons for the robot mode. One of the vehicle mode's solar panel arrays forms a "cape" for the robot mode, the other a large deflector shield. Like all Star Wars Transformers toys, it comes with a tiny mini-figure of its pilot.
- Darth Vader/Death Star (2007)
- Three TIE Fighters, which have Mech Modes where heads pop out of the cockpits, are included in this package. In both modes of the larger Darth Vader/Death Star toy, panels on the back open to reveal storage compartments for the TIE Fighters.
- The compartments on either side of the back are barely large enough to accommodate more than one TIE Fighter at a time without disassembling the solar arrays.
- Darth Vader VS Obi-Wan Kenobi (2007)
- This Walmart-exclusive two-pack, released around the holiday season of 2007, featured slight redecos of the Darth Vader TIE Advanced Fighter figure and the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter. Darth Vader was molded in a more teal-colored plastic, as compared the original blue-gray, but the paint applications were the same. Similarly, Obi-Wan featured purple-shaded paint applications instead of the magenta from the original release.
- TIE Pilot TIE Bomber (Star Wars, 2008)