According to Chris McFeely's Script Secrets:
The ancient Autobot leaders are not identified by name, just by the way they act. They are Ancient Robot, Powerful Robot, Brooding Robot, Pre-Transformer, New Narrator and U-Haul Robot.
Now.. the thing is, there are more announcers identified than there were robot leaders depicted. I remember determining this way back when. Obviously the ZZ Top dude is Ancient Robot, but I can't remember what else I figured... this is U-Haul Robot, maybe? --Monzo 10:24, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Can we get a link to that site if it's still up?
- Oh right, I forgot that. (I remember readign the summaries.)
- That's actually reallyt helpful, because it lets you 'read' the whole flashback sequence more clearly. This is what I've got.
- Ancient Robot - A lock
- Powerful Robot - I'm 100% sure this is him, despite not getting an 'external' scene of him talking to Rodimus.
- Brooding Robot
- Pre-Transformer - Animation mistake- same as Brooding robot! I'm fairly sure this one is the mistake of the two. (It's vaguely possible the TF we were supposed to see was the one on the right in the next pic.)
- New Narrator - Context suggests the TF ont he left is the new critih-accent narrator.
- U-Haul Robot - Duh.
- I'm pleased about Powerful Robot, I didnt' realise he had a name. (well, a designation.) And really, this whoel sequence makes a lot of sense with War Dawn- the Autobots were consumer boods- but some of them were geared to gladitrial combat- who tended to be the leaders. Thus- U-Haul robot ended up as Autobot lwader literally epochs after his first appearance as a quint slave-- I think that by War Dawn, all the autobots with any real war experience/aptitude had been whittled away, thus the need for Trion to make a new design of warrior-autobot. -Derik 11:34, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Would that make this guy the "Sentinel Prime" of the G1 Caratoon? ~Ithekro
Check it out, It's Brooding Robot/Pre-TF!
188.8.131.52 07:42, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- I've replaced your linked image with the version currently on the Wiki. --ItsWalky 07:51, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
could he be Sentinel Prime
- Sentinel Prime, in every continuity shown, has different colors, accents, helmet design, etc. Admittedly, he seems to have been the matrix-holder-leader-before-Prime in cartoon continuity... but that does not automatically make him Sentinel Prime. Dreamweave, for instance, had a different Chain of Primes than Marvel did, so the list doesn't necessarily translate from one continuity to another. -Derik 00:02, 5 March 2007 (UTC)
So did Sentinel Prime appearance G1 Caratoon?