Soundwave arrives on Mars to find Dreadwing the traitor is dead. He calls in Starscream (The other loyal servent of Lord Megatron) from his battle against Landmine, the humans, and Bumblebee. He won. Soundwave's name isn't revealed until the end with unknown Transformers heading towards Earth and saying more are on his ship.
Revenge of the Fallen
- Voice actor: Frank Welker (English)
Soundwave hacks into a government satellite by releasing metal tendrils from his satellite that he sticks into it. He then he acquires all the frequencies and signals from the satellite, thus discovering the location of the last Allspark fragment. Upon finding out, he sends Ravage to retrieve it. Then he uses the satellite to keep track of the Allspark empowered flesh creature and its parental units. He calls sam's female batch initiator on her cellphone. She answers but cannot understand Soundwave's deep voice, so she calls him a mouth-breathing pervert and hangs up. He got served!
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Soundwave (Deluxe, 2009)
- Soundwave has a two alt modes in addition to his humanoid mode: satellite and alien jet. He has a firing projectile known as the "Ravage Missile".
Behind the scenes
- Soundwave was originally supposed to feature in Transformers: he fulfilled both Barricade and Frenzy's roles, hacking into the CIA headquarters as a portable stereo, then morphed into a Humvee to track down Sam Witwicky. Michael Bay's decision to minimalize the amount of morphing in the film resulted in a change to a helicopter who openly attacks the army. Soundwave and Ravage were changed to Blackout and Scorponok as the film's location was changed from a jungle to a desert. Hasbro had also insisted on Soundwave having a musical mode, so he was changed to the character eventually known as Frenzy, to the extent that he had to be renamed.
- No vocoder is used to simulate the Classic Soundwave voice for the movie, thus making him sound like Dr.Claw. This is corrected in the Videogames.
- Soundwave stays in orbit above Earth, in satatilite mode, for the whole movie. He prefers to do his job rather than get shot at.