Skywarp is a petty, immature prankster. And as luck would have it, he's a petty, immature prankster with good aim and the ability to warp place to place as he pleases. He uses his warping power as a toy. It is a tool for thuggery and practical jokes. However, he is also a dangerous combatant versed in an array of martial techniques. Proud of his excellent aim, Skywarp has named herself "Bull's-eye in the Sky."
Skywarp, being rather dim, requires the constant supervision of his cousin, Starscream, whom Skywarp despises. Skywarp is just smart enough to notice others' claims of nepotism. Some day, he hopes, he can make a name for himself, free from the influence of his famous relative.
Dreamwave Comics continuityEdit
The Autobot Scavenger served with Skywarp while infiltrating the Decepticons and became close friends with him, as well as being impressed by his professionalism. He greatly regretted that his return to the Autobot fold would put them on opposing sides.
Scavenger and Smokescreen had been covertly observing a Decepticon construction project in Death Valley for months. Skywarp, Sideways and Wheeljack were among the Decepticons guarding the construction of Megatron's Solar Scalpel. The rocket launched without trouble because the region's heavy interference prevented Scavenger from contacting Optimus Prime for orders.
Cybertron cartoon continuityEdit
Skywarp is first mate on the pirate vessel Kalis' Lament.
- Skywarp with Thunderclash (Max-Con, 2003)
- Accessories: 2 missiles, wing/sword
- Skywarp is a retool and redeco of Armada Starscream, with an all-new head, cockpit laser cannons, wing turbines and a new Mini-Con partner, Thunderclash. His color scheme is very reminiscent of Generation One Skywarp, being predominantly black with purple and silver/grey for accents.
- Skywarp retains Starscream's Powerlinx gimmicks, including his flip-out null-laser cannons (though Thunderclash's wings need to be repositioned so they don't get in the way of the guns as they flip up and over), and Thunderclash can be attached to the underside of his nosecone for additional firepower, as well as being deployed when his canopy is pressed down.
- Skywarp (Legends of Cybertron, 2005)
- Accessories: Decepticon Cybertron-type Cyber Planet Key
- Available as an exclusive giveaway at Hasbro's booth for the San Diego Comicon 2005, the first Cybertron Skywarp toy is a redeco of Legends of Cybertron Starscream in a traditional black/purple/silver Skywarp color scheme. He has a flip-out energon blade in his right arm, but as the original toy was a small-scale representation of Supreme Starscream, he features a flip-out null ray cannon in his left arm instead of another blade. It also included a Cyber Planet Key, which activated no features on the toy itself, but included the code "sc5t". The key is black with a red Autobot symbol. This is the only Legends toy to have one.
- This mold was also used to make Legends of Cybertron versions of Cybertron Ramjet and Sunstorm, and Universe Ramjet and Thrust.
- As the toy includes no bio, it may just as easily represent Generation One Skywarp's War Within form, or any other character named Skywarp.
- Skywarp (Deluxe, 2006)
- Accessories: Missile, Earth-type Cyber Planet Key
- The mainline Cybertron Skywarp toy is a redeco of Cybertron Thundercracker, transforming into a Sukhoi Su-35BM fighter jet. Unusually for a Unicron Trilogy Skywarp, his colors are an extensive rearrangement of Skywarp's traditional scheme, with his primary color being purple and with white and red for detailing. He has no black plastic or paint detailing; instead, he has dark gray for his robot mode parts.
- Skywarp retains Thundercracker's gimmick: Inserting his Cyber Planet Key into the access slot at the rear of the jet mode or his left arm opens up a panel to reveal a spring-loaded projectile launcher. He comes with a silver-bordered Earth Cyber Planet Key with the code d02r tampographed onto the back.
- Starter Set (2007)
- Attacktix ID number TF2-21
- Faction: Decepticon
- Class: Warrior
- Special: Infiltrate - 8/26 (31%) success ratio
- Point Cost: 30
- Base Speed: 6
- Attack Type: Shooter (Large missile)
- This piece was available only in the second Transformers Attacktix four-piece Starter Set (along with Generation One's Optimus Prime and Megatron plus Energon Landquake). Skywarp is a redeco of the Attacktix robot-mode Starscream piece, based on Skywarp's Legends toy.
- Skywarp's Infiltrate special power allows him to return to play in your opponent's starting area if you have a Captain-class figure in play. Skywarp's special power plays on the character's traditional portrayal, allowing him to teleport behind enemy lines only if he has someone of a higher rank to tell him what to do.
- As with the LoC toy, it is entirely possible (if unlikely) that this toy represents some other Skywarp.