The Seven Primes were the first Cybertronians created by the All Spark. They formed the Dynasty of Primes and became the original rulers of the planet Cybertron. However, one of their own betrayed the rest of other Primes.
Revenge of the Fallen film
- Voice actors: Michael York, Kevin Michael Richardson, Robin Atkin Downes (English), Banjō Ginga, Daisuke Gōri, Yasuyoshi Hara (Japanese)
The Seven Primes scattered throughout the galaxy, looking for planets where they could build Solar Harvesters. These Solar Harvesters, powered by the Matrix of Leadership, were capable of harvesting a sun's energy to produce Energon. The Dynasty of Primes had only one rule: Solar Harvesters were not to be used on worlds containing life.
However, one of the Seven Primes, Megatronus Prime, later known as The Fallen, violated the rule, deciding to use the Solar Harvester on Earth. The remaining Primes battled The Fallen and took the Matrix. They sacrificed their life by merging their bodies together hiding the Matrix in the tomb.
Thousands of years later, they resurrect Sam Witwicky after Megatron kills him and grant him the Matrix which he has earned, enabling him to resurrect Optimus Prime who kills the Fallen later on after Jolt combines Jetfire and Optimus Prime.
- Josh Nizzi has designed the head for the Twelve Primes and two Primes with their bodies
- The appearance of each Prime is similar in style, and look nothing like Optimus; their heads look somehow Pharaonic and are designed like bad guys, but only the Fallen is evil.
- It is unclear in the film why the Primes killed themselves instead of using some other method to hide the Matrix from the Fallen. In the movie adaptation comics, Jetfire says that they were killed by the Fallen and the last Prime who survived hid the Matrix and their bodies on Earth.
- Their main rule was "to never destroy a planet with life". This doesn't make sense because they destroy the sun, not the planet. However, they harvest the power from the sun by causing the star to explode and therefore destroying the life-sustaining planet. A better way to express the rule would be: "to never destroy a life-supporting star".
- Michael Bay announced some of the Prime's names: Rodimus Prime, Madinus Prime, and Vector Prime.