A creation of the All Spark, Salvage previously worked as a truck with Sparkplug & Son Salvage, and even though he was just an inanimate truck, he's certain he must have been happy. Lacking any further ambitions, he's decided to stay with them, and so long as he's hauling scrap, he remains happy with his life. It sure beats fighting Decepticons!
IDW Transformers (2007) comics continuityEdit
Following the destuction of Megatron and the All Spark, Salvage, along with Landmine and Longarm, somehow came into the possession of Sector Seven, which kept them in a secret base in the Nevada desert.
Power Core Combiners bioEdit
Salvage has gone through a lot since the AllSpark first brought him to life. A few rounds of upgrades brought his vehicle mode into the modern era, and the power core process powered him up to unheard of levels. He'd still rather be back at the junkyard, but if the Decepticons want a fight, he's ready to give them one.
Transformers Revenge of the FallenEdit
Salvage is a member of the N.E.S.T.
- Salvage (Deluxe, 2008)
- Accessories: Flatbed cover/claw
- Salvage is a redeco of Dropkick, transforming into a customized Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck (or a similar model just different enough to avoid paying a licensing fee). His flatbed cover conceals a giant claw/plier deployed from the tailgate by a sliding knob on top. This assembly becomes a hand-held weapon for his robot mode. He also has (non-firing) twin blasters on the underside of each forearm in robot mode.
- His deco and the "Sparkplug & Son Salvage" markings may be a double homage, definitely to the red truck from Sanford and Son and possibly to the red pickup Sparkplug Witwicky owned in the Marvel Generation One comics.
Power Core CombinersEdit
- Salvage with Bomb-Burst (Commander, 2011)
- Salvage is a blue, white and grey redeco of Mudslinger.
- Salvage's color scheme and those words "Sparkplug and Son Salvage" printed on his vehicle mode are in fact inspired by the pickup truck from the television show Sanford and Son, according to Hasbro at BotCon 2008.
- Salvage's Power Core Combiners bio connects him to the live-action film series.