Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The Game is a third-person shooter video game based on the 2009 live action film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions were developed by Luxoflux, the Microsoft Windows version was developed by Beenox Studios, the Wii and PlayStation 2 versions were developed by Krome Studios, the Nintendo DS version was developed by Vicarious Visions, and the PlayStation Portable version was developed by Savage Entertainment.
The Autobot campaign begins when NEST Pilot Sgt. Robert Epps reports Decepticons in Shanghai, China. Upon the arrival of the Autobots, Major William Lennox tells them there are Decepticons in the perimeter and must not escape. Ironhide is sent to fight them. When Optimus Prime gets word that Ironhide is missing, Ratchet heads out to find him and is ordered to get him to safety. After locating Ironhide, his power is recharged and another Decepticon battle ensues. The Decepticon forces then attack Shanghai's waterfront. After annihilating Decepticon troops, the Autobots face off against Demolishor. Upon his defeat and before Optimus Prime deactivates him, Demolishor states that The Fallen shall rise again.
The Autobots then head to Burbank, California where a previously unknown fragment of the Allspark has surfaced, now in possession of Mikaela Banes. Bumblebee is sent to protect Mikaela when the Decepticons detect the fragment also. After getting Mikaela and the fragment to safety, the Autobots get word that the Decepticons are attacking a nearby oil refinery and have trapped some engineers there. Ratchet locates the engineers and gets them to safety. A NEST unit headed up by Epps is surrounded by Decepticons at the West Coast Canal and need the Autobots to escort them to safety.
The Allspark Fragment held by the Americans has been stolen. NSA Chief Theodore Galloway reveales Megatron's location to the Decepticons. With Megatron's body in the Laurentian Abyss, Optimus tells the Autobots that if the fragment reaches Megatron's remains, he will be reborn. Breakaway ends up defending a Carrier Ship group guarding Megatron's corpse from the Decepticons. Breakaway repairs the damaged anti-aircraft guns and rescues the wounded soldiers. After all that is done, Megatron is reactivated.
Ironhide begins restoring the NEST Communication Arrays after fending off some Decepticon troops. After all NEST Communication Arrays are restored, Optimus Prime informs the Autobots that a Decepticon incursion is occurring on the East Coast.
Sam Witwicky has been kidnapped by the Decepticon troops and has been taken to an industrial park near his college. Bumblebee fights the Decepticon troops while Ratchet traces Sam's location through the defeated Decepticons. Ratchet manages to locate Sam in an abandoned foundry and sends Bumblebee the coordinates. Bumblebee rescues Sam and gets him to safety. When they reach the extraction point, Grindor attacks. Bumblebee manages to defeat him. To aid their allies against the Decepticons, Optimus Prime decides to give them advanced weaponry and takes the cargo containing the Axion Gun to NEST HQ. Optimus Prime helps defend Cargo Truck 37 (ridden shotgun by Sgt. Epps) from the Decepticon troops. After getting the convoy to destination, the Autobots depart to meet up with Sam Witwicky who is going to visit an old acquaintance who might know what the Decepticons seek.
Bumblebee goes to pick up Sam Witwicky who tells Bumblebee that they will be visiting the deli where Agent Simmons is currently working. While Sam goes to talk to Agent Simmons, Bumblebee defends the area from Decepticon troops. With info from Agent Simmons, Sam has Bumblebee take him to the museum to seek out a robot named Jetfire. While Sam looks for Jetfire, Bumblebee defends the museum from the Decepticon troops. Jetfire emerges from the museum and takes Sam through the inter-dimensional Space Bridge to Egypt. The Autobots also head to Cairo, Egypt to meet up with them.
Jetfire reveals the Dynasty of Primes have constructed a machine that destroys stars and harvests their energy. He also states that they vowed to never destroy a star that supports life in that galaxy....that was until a Prime called The Fallen had broken that rule and murdered his brothers. The Sun Harvester has been hidden in the deserts of Egypt. Upon arrival, Optimus Prime then searches for Sam while evading Decepticon troops. After finding Sam, Optimus Prime takes him to the Tomb of the 12 Ancients. While Sam enters the Tomb of the 12 Ancients, Optimus Prime defends the tomb from Megatron and Starscream. Optimus Prime defeats Megatron and Starscream, but they escape after Megatron impales Jetfire. Sam reveals to Optimus Prime and Jetfire that the Decepticons have come for the Sun Harvester. Before dying, Jetfire lends his wings and parts to Optimus Prime. The Autobots then head out to find the Sun Harvester before the Decepticons do.
Bumblebee then ends up fighting Devastator who is leading the Decepticon troops into attacking Cairo on its way to the pyramids. After Bumblebee defeats Devastator, the Autobots have yet to find The Fallen and the Sun Harvester.
The Fallen has revealed himself and has found the Sun Harvester. Optimus Prime fights the Decepticons troops before fighting the Fallen. After some rounds with the Fallen, Optimus Prime fights more Decepticon troops. In his final fight with the Fallen, Optimus Prime destroys him and deactivates the Sun Harvester. With the Ancient Transformers avenged, Ratchet tells Optimus Prime that Megatron is on a ship in a distant galaxy. Optimus Prime then salutes his troops for their good work in stopping the Decepticons. (Different characters are available on each level)
The Decepticon campaign begins in Shanghai with Sideways tracking down Autobots in his area. He then learns that Grindor has gone missing and Sideways must find, repair, and transport Grindor to the extraction site. Once Grindor is safe, he attacks Autobots protecting NEST arrays and infiltrates them with a virus. This virus will give the Decepticons access to NEST communications. Next, Long Haul is used to destroy NEST bases located around the city of Shanghai. Finally, Ironhide emerges to fight Long Haul. Ironhide is killed and Starscream proclaims the victory as a message to Optimus Prime.
The Decepticons then head to California. Soundwave has learned that Sam Witwicky has given a shard of the All Spark to Mikaela. They hope to recover the shard and revive Megatron. Long Haul destroys buildings, capturing men who may know Mikaela's location. However, the probe Starscream uses kills the first three before they can be of any use. Although the last engineer dies, Starscream is able to discover Mikaela's location. Long Haul is once again sent to recover her. After her capture, the Decepticons head to the East Coast.
On the East coast, Starscream destroys multiple buildings in search of NSA Chief Galloway. He reveals the location of Megatron to the Decepticons. Breakaway attempts to stop the Decepticons, but he is killed by Grindor.
Starscream destroys the turrets on aircraft carriers guarding Megatron's remains in the Laurentian Abyss, and then destroys 5 battleships in the area. Megatron is revived and the Decepticons return to the East Coast. They then destroy the museum that Sam entered, but he is not among the ruins. They learn he was transported to Egypt by a Space Bridge.
The Decepticons arrive in Egypt. Megatron arrives on the outskirts of the city and engages many Autobots in combat. Jetfire and Bumblebee both challenge him, but they too are killed. The campaign then shifts to the city. Soundwave informs them that the Autobots have given the humans their Axion Gun, and Long Haul is charged with the destruction of the gun. Once the gun is destroyed, the Decepticons proclaim that no one can stop them now. The last mission is at the pyramids. Megatron arrives, and turns against The Fallen. When he is told by Optimus that "Prime's are born, not made", Megatron then defeats The Fallen before he can activate the Sun Harvester. The end movie shows Megatron forming an army of new Decepticons. (Different characters are available on each level)
The Decepticons have attacked a NEST convoy in Shanghai and hacked the Shanghai laser and SAM defense sites. Optimus Prime is being transported to Shanghai when the Shanghai laser cuts his transport in half. Optimus falls to the Earth. Bumblebee reports he is in pursuit of Sideways and Ironhide goes after Demolisher. Ironhide defeats Demolisher. Bumblebee chases Sideways over the rooftops of Shanghai and then Sideways takes to the freeways. Sideways gets away on Starscream.
Starscream takes Sideways to the Laurentian Abyss, and Starscream destroys the defenses to the base. Sideways then infiltrates the base and raises Megatron's body from the abyss.Sideways fight it Jolt and Jazz but is defeated.And killedand rase body in Abyss.
Still in Shanghai, Optimus faces Devastator, and defeats the behemoth. Ironhide arrives at the end of the battle, and Optimus finds The Matrix. The two later find out that Bumblebee has been captured by the Decepticons, and is being held on the Nemesis. Optimus and a squadron of Autobots go to rescue Bumblebee, who is at the hanger overlook along with another prisoner, Jetfire. Optimus eventually confronts Megatron in the Hanger, and is badly wounded.
Starscream and Megatron then head to Russia, where The Matrix is being kept at a NEST base. Starscream takes out the defenses, and Megatron steals The Matrix. Although, Jetfire followed them to Russia, and follows them to Egypt, where he finds a damaged Optimus, and gives up his parts to save him.
Jetfire transform and fly following Megatron,Starscream and Sixshot.The rest of the Autobots go to Egypt, and Ironhide is tasked with destroying a cannon that is preventing Optimus from approaching the Star Harvester. Ironhide completes this task Sixshot fighting with Ironhide, Ironhide defeat Sixshot; but Megatron attacks him. Optimus then lures Megatron away from Ironhide, and faces off against him, injuring Megatron. Optimus then destroys The Fallen by injuring him and throwing him into the Star Harvester, deactivating the machine. The end movie shows the Autobots rebuilding the destroyed pyramids.One Last Time... Autobots playable
- Optimus Prime
- Powered-Up Optimus Prime
- Long Haul
- The Fallen
The following are confirmed to appear in the game. Before each level is played, you have the choice of which Autobot or Decepticon you wish to play as. Characters are unlocked as you complete each level. A Downloadable Content Pack was released on August 27, 2009. The pack includes more than 10 new characters, 3 new maps and a new difficulty: Expert. The maps are Courtyard; an East Coast map, Hillside; an urban Cairo map, And Sandstorm; a fast-paced Cairo map.
- Optimus Prime (Playable in all versions)
- Ironhide (Playable. Not playable in the DS version)
- Breakaway (Playable - Not playable in PS2, PSP or Wii versions)
- Bumblebee (Playable in all versions)
- Create-A-Bot (Playable as the main character only in the DS version)
- Ratchet (Playable - Not playable in PS2, DS or Wii versions)
- Jetfire (Playable only in PS2 and Wii versions and also in PC games if file names are changed, and in DLC pack for PS3 and Xbox 360 for multiplayer only)
- Aerialbot (Playable for multiplayer for the Xbox 360,PS3, and PC versions and single player in DLC pack)
- Protectobot (Multiplayer-Exclusive, playable in Singleplayer with a cheat, but this character and cheat is only for the Xbox 360,PS3 and PC versions)
- Sideswipe (Playable on the DS and PSP versions,also part of DLC pack, only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Optimus Prime (Part of DLC pack, only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Powered Up Optimus (Playable)
- G1 Colors Ironhide (Unlockable for the Xbox 360,PS3 and PC version)
- Gold Optimus Prime (Cheat Code for Mutiplayer only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Jazz (Part of DLC pack for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Stealth Bumblebee (Part of DLC pack for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Colors Ratchet (Part of DLC pack for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Colors Sideswipe (Part of DLC pack for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Megatron (Playable in all versions)
- Create-A-Bot (Playable as the main character in the DS version)
- Dead End (Playable only in the PSP version)
- Starscream (Playable in all versions)
- Sideways (Playable in all versions)
- Grindor (Playable - Not playable in PS2, DS or Wii versions)
- Long Haul (Playable - Not playable in PS2, PSP, DS or Wii versions)
- Seeker (Multiplayer-Exclusive, playable in Singleplayer with a cheat, but this character and cheat is only available on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Starscream (Part of DLC pack for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions)
- Soundwave (Part of DLC pack for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Colors Starscream (Unlockable only on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Long Haul (Yellow) (Unlockable only on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Megatron (Flight) (Playable only on the Xbox 360,PS3 and PC)
- Gold Megatron (Multiplayer only Cheat Code available only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Megatron (Part of DLC pack only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- G1 Sunstorm (Part of DLC pack only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
- Barricade (Playable only in the DS version)
- THE FALLEN IS NOT PLAYABLE THERE IS NO GAMEPLAY OF HIM SO I DONT BELIEVE IT
- The Gold Optimus Prime and Megatron were originally Gamestop exclusive codes.
- Charlie Adler - Starscream
- Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime
- John DiMaggio - Sideways, Major William Lennox
- Clive Revill - Jetfire
- Mark Ryan - Bumblebee
- Fred Tatasciore - Grindor, Demolishor, Devastator
- James Arnold Taylor - The Fallen
- Robert Foxworth - Ratchet
- Jess Harnell - Ironhide
- Peter Jessop - Soundwave
- Neil Kaplan - Long Haul, Protectobot
- Megan Fox - Mikaela Banes
- Andrew Kishino - Breakaway, Jazz
- Shia LaBeouf - Sam Witwicky
- Nolan North - Sideswipe
- Avery Kidd Wadell - USAF Master Sargeant Robert Epps
- Frank Welker - Megatron
- The DS version is OBLIVIOUSLY *cough* hard to beat.
- OXM has not reviewed this game yet... He must have hated it that badly.
- ALMOST everything that is said to be PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusive is on the PC version. Although the DLC is only for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- The Krome Studios version has 2 exclusive locations: The Decepticon HQ and Russia plus Jetfire is seriously powerful, Ironhide fights Demolisher and Devestator is seen in Shanghai.
- Jazz is incredibly powerful in this game... how did this happen? Maybe he got training after death from *cough*Primus*cough*.
- Sideswipe is unbelievably cheap in this game, Hmm... I'm not sure he's really an Autobot.
- Seeker is an effective Sideswipe counter, GOOD ADVICE.
- Andrew Kishino voiced Jazz in the last game, and voices both him, and his replacement in this game.
- Jetfire Isn't Cranky.
- Megatron... kills his own master? What the heck is that?!
* Darth Vader
- If Prime dies and doesn't respawn immediately he will say "'Til the day...'til all are one", a reference to The Transformers: The Movie
- The Xbox 360, PS2 and Wii versions feature all three parts of "The Ultimate Doom" trilogy.
- Apparently, no one thought to do anything about the Evil intergalactic conquer being resurrected. To be fair, Breakaway is a jet, so he wouldn't be the best help, but the Constructicons had already proven that they could survive underwater, so the Autobots probably would have been fine. So basically AA Guns that are fixed in 10 seconds by holding a hand out to it and wounded people who wave their hands in the air in the middle of a warzone so they can be grabbed by a giant robot are more important then the immensely powerful Decepticon leader that is about to be reborn and try to end the world. Autobots need to prioritize.