- Razorclaw is a former Maximal from an alternate Beast Wars who became a Minion of Unicron in the Universe war.
Know that he is Razorclaw, that his reality is not yours, and while he may resemble Tigerhawk, Razorclaw is not he! This alternate version of Tigerhawk was corrupted by the Vok, and he killed his universe's Megatron. Unicron, his body ruined and trapped between dimensions, abducted Razorclaw to be his fourth and final general. Razorclaw has served his new master well, pillaging star systems with all of his Vok-enhanced elemental powers. He harbors a special hatred for Optimus Primal, his former commander, whose ideals represent everything that Razorclaw has left behind. His spark is binary—it consists of the sparks of his home universe's Airazor and Tigatron. Time will tell if their noble influence can push to the surface.
On an alternate Cybertron, that universe's Optimus Primal was leading the Autobots Snarl, Silverbolt, and Striker against Razorclaw, Reptillion [sic], Obsidian, Tankor, and Blackarachnia in the most intense day of fighting that year. Just as the combatants were really beating the slag out of each other, they were interrupted by a mysterious spaceship that swooped down, sucked the Decepticons up on beams of light, and flew away. None of the combatants realized that it was taking its captives to Unicron for use in a massive army.
Razorclaw oversaw the Cauldron along with Reptilion, Obsidian, Tankor, and Striker. When one particular party of multidimensional abductees was paraded before him, the Maximal Silverbolt recognized him as Tigerhawk. Razorclaw confirmed the familiarity and explained who he was.
While Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were forced to battle in the arena, Optimus Primal broke in and fought Razorclaw. Mistaken for Tigerhawk at first, Razorclaw quickly corrected him. Razorclaw's Vok-powered attacks were merely fuel for Primal's body, and Razorclaw was temporarily subdued. All of the prisoners contained within the Cauldron were released, and though Razorclaw and his lieutenants pursued them, Primal led nearly all of them to safety. Only Blackarachnia and Shadow Striker stayed behind, seduced by Unicron's influence.
During the final battle between the Children of Primus and the Minions of Unicron within the Chaos-Bringer's body, Razorclaw blew up Gunbarrel (apparently) and another Mini-Con. This battle ended prematurely as Unicron himself vanished due somehow to the Unicron Singularity. Razorclaw's fate is unknown, as is whether the noble essence of Tigatron and Airazor ever managed to influence his actions.
- Razorclaw (Ultra, 2003)
- Accessories: 2 missiles, 2 feather-missiles
- Razorclaw is a dark gray and purple redeco of Transmetal 2 Tigerhawk, transforming into a winged mechanical/organic tiger. In both modes he features multiple spring-loaded missile launchers. In beast mode, he is armed with "feather" missiles very similar to the Fuzor Silverbolt's, with spring-loaded switches to flip the wings forward, and flip-out missile launchers which activate when a lever on Razorclaw's back is pulled (which also moves the wings). Under his beast head is a small cockpit with an empty pilot's chair, and he features a somewhat aborted "third mode", which is just a minor rearrangement of his beast mode parts with his helmet covering his beast tiger head.
- His feather-missile launcher mechanisms were slightly retooled from the original version of the toy. Though his toy is a Decepticon by allegiance, it keeps its sculpted Maximal logo.
- On the spot where you can see the trademarked spark of the Transformer, it is a sticker of the Decepticon logo. If you tear off the sticker, you can see a Beast Machines Maximal spark.