Ransack is a fairly simple being. A tough-talking and straight-forward warrior, he craves combat and longs for each new battle. He'll level a whole town, destroy natural wonders, and kill hundreds to complete his mission without batting an optic. Ransack notices such things, sure - he just doesn't care.
- French name (Canada): Saccageur
Dreamwave comics continuityEdit
After the fragmentation of the Decepticon forces following Megatron's seeming destruction in a space bridge accident, Ransack joined Ratbat's Ultracons. He accompanied Ratbat and fellow Ultracons Chop Shop and Venom on a mission to the Tagan Heights, where they unleashed the deadly Devastator on the Wreckers. Though they captured the Wreckers' leader Springer, the Ultracons were prevented from executing him when Devastator's battle with Defensor raged out of control. In the chaos that ensued, Ransack and his allies escaped, leaving Devastator behind.
Ransack, along with Barrage, Chop Shop, and Venom, remained on Cybertron following the departure of the Ark and the Nemesis. The planet's chronic energon shortage reduced them to a vampiric existence, forcing them to capture Micromasters and drain them of their fuel. While pursuing Falcon and Flanker in the Wastelands, they ran into the middle of a conflict between the Hot Rod Patrol and Race Track Patrol.
After devouring Falcon they soon set upon the other Micromasters, but were driven back by the timely arrival of Groundshaker, who left with the Hot Rod Patrol. The subsequent arrival of Shockwave prevented them from devouring the Race Track Patrol, but he did toss them Flanker as a snack. The Insecticons subsequently abducted the Race Track Patrol and several other Micromasters from Little Iacon, in an attempt to ferret out the Hot Rod Patrol and gain some new recruits in the process. Returning to Decepticon HQ with their Micromaster prisoners, Ransack caught a group of the tiny Transformers trying to free their cohorts. After sounding the alarm, Ransack had a big, possibly lethal hole blown in him by Groundshaker.
Devil's Due G.I. Joe vs the Transformers continuityEdit
As part of Serpent O.R.'s forces, Ransack defended the newly unified Decepticon army's base against a combined Autobot/G.I. Joe strike force. During the battle, he and Venom were pounded on by Snarl and Storm Shadow.
3H Universe comicsEdit
IDW comics continuityEdit
- Ransack (Deluxe Insecticon, 1985)
- Accessories: "Concussion Blaster Gun", "Reflector Shield"
- Ransack changes into a predominantly black and yellow locust. In robot mode, he is completely unable to move his arms forward, which makes you think why did they give him a shield and a gun.
- Ransack, like all of the Deluxe Insecticons, was originally designed by Takatoku Toys for the Armored Insect Battalion Beetras (機甲虫隊ビートラス) toyline. Takatoku Toys went out of business before the end of the Beetras line and their assets were purchased by fellow Japanese toymaker Bandai. Bandai licensed Takatoku's Beetras molds (alongside toys from Special Armored Battalion Dorvack and Super Dimensional Fortress Macross) to Hasbro in 1985 to make the Deluxe Insecticons.
- Ransack's mold was originally scheduled to be released as the Beetras toy named "Beet Vadam". Takatoku went out of business before Beet Vadam was released, giving Ransack the unique distinction of being the only version of this mold ever released.
- As none of the Deluxe Insecticons were based on toys owned by Takara, there is little likelihood that they will ever be reissued by TakaraTomy or Hasbro.