Ranger loves the natural wonders of Earth, and is well-learned in subjects such as geology and history. Though he's not afraid of most wildlife, he's not very fond of insects, especially cockroaches. When merged with his Transtector, he's a powerful ground defense warrior armed with a napalm blaster (odd for someone who likes trees, no?). In buggy mode, he can take on any road, no matter how rough, while still keeping his cool. He can also drive underground as a subterranean investigation vehicle.
- Voice actor: Yoshitada Ōtsuka (Japan)
Ranger lives in a log cabin and works as a park... ranger... in Canada before meeting the Autobots and finding out that he is the third Godmaster. During an ambush by the Darkwing Brothers he merges with his transtector and joins the team.
He doesn't do very much after that aside from respond to attacks and then get brushed aside so Ginrai can save the day.
Ranger was seen among other high-ranking Autobots (such as Road Caesar, Landcross, Grand Maximus, Lander, and the other Autobot Godmasters) when Dai Atlas is sworn-in by Victory Saber as the new Supreme Commander of the Autobot forces.
- Ranger (Autobot Godmaster, 1988)
- Japanese ID number: C-305
- Accessories: Godmaster transtector, "Napalm blaster"
- Ranger is a redeco of the Autobot Powermaster Nebulan Hotwire, transforming from an armored human to an engine. In this mode he can of plug into the engine socket of any Powermaster/Godmaster Transtector, unlocking its transformation from vehicle to robot mode. His Transtector is a redeco of Joyride, transforming into a white and red Baja buggy. His "napalm blaster" can be mounted on his buggy mode roof.
- Ranger Joy Ride (Autobot Godmaster, 1988)
- Accessories: Godmaster figure, "napalm blaster"
- Ranger was made available in Joyride's colors via mail-order offer. He cost 1980 yen and four robot points.