The last line of defense for the Autobots, Omega Supreme was literally built for heroic sacrifice. Grimly aware of the heavy combat toll his friends must have suffered for him to even be activated in the first place, Omega Supreme does not hesitate to unleash his colossal firepower and risk his own life and safety on their behalf. In fact, he did perish during the Great War, after which the Autobots used his dead body as a spaceship to ferry a maintenance crew around. But he got better.
- Voice actor: Kevin Michael Richardson, Phil LaMarr (In season 3) (English), Gerald Paradies (German), Tesshō Genda (Japanese)
The bot that became known as Omega Supreme was part of an Autobot initiative code named Project Omega that was designed as one out of many attempts at combating the Decepticons during the Great War. This massive Autobot was designed as a weapon of mass destruction designed to defeat the Decepticons and give the Autobots the victory they were so desperately fighting for during the war. After his body was created, his activation codes were later given to Autobot agent Arcee but she was captured by the bounty hunter Lockdown who was under orders from Megatron to retrieve that information. However, Autobot Medibot Ratchet wiped Arcee's memory at her request using an EMP generator in order to prevent the information from falling into the hands of the Decepticons. Her body was later taken to an Autobot base where Ratchet performed open processor surgery in order to retrieve the information but whilst doing it, the activation codes were beamed into Ratchet's head. The Autobots then took Ratchet to Omega Supreme and briefed him on the giant Autobots purpose and that Ratchet would be his mentor. Though Ratchet was loathed to turn Omega Supreme into a weapon, he accepted his duty as teacher and helped Omega Supreme during the war. Omega Supreme was single handily responsible for the Decepticon's defeat on Cybertron and driving them off that planet. However, he sustained heavy damage as a result and in order to save him, Ratchet asked him to revert to his ship mode whereupon he placed Omega into a modified stasis sleep whilst he attempted to fix as well as revive him one day. Since that time, Omega Supreme became a small ship in the Autobot space bridge repair fleet. This ship, equipped with a rudimentary AI, was never seen to transform, and in fact its true nature was rarely addressed.
Its crew, operating in a remote sector of Autobot-controlled space, stumbled upon the lost, legendary AllSpark and was almost immediately attacked by the Decepticon flagship. Massively outgunned, the Autobots survived only by escaping through a space bridge portal, whereupon their ship crashed on Earth.
Decades after the crash, the Autobots were reactivated, and their battle with the Decepticons revived with them. When Blurr alerted Optimus Prime's crew to the fact that Megatron was on the verge of constructing a working space bridge to Cybertron, Optimus ordered Ratchet and Sari to attempt to revive Omega Supreme.
Through "open spark surgery", using four AllSpark fragments and making heavy use of the Key, Ratchet finally managed to revive his old friend. Omega was initially delerious and confused, telling Ratchet that he was surrounded by Decepticons and didn't think he would make it - presumably the circumstances of his demise. He soon got his bearings, but he was still slow and unsure after being offline for two million stellar cycles, and he needed heavy prompting from Ratchet to move. When he finally did get himself airborne, he was shocked and happy at his return to life, but he was at a loss as to how he got on a world other than Cybertron.His reverie was quickly interrupted by an attack from several Decepticons. Following further hefty prompting from Ratchet and power boosts from his magnetics and the Key, he was able to transform and strike back. He declared that he was Omega Supreme and made short work of the Decepticons. When he entered Megatron's base, he found the space bridge in overdrive, threatening to pull in "the whole state of Michigan" and transport it to some random co-ordinates. Ejecting Sari and Ratchet over Ratchet's vocal protests, he absorbed the transwarp energy and was sucked into the malfunctioning portal after Blurr and two Starscream clones had been sucked into the space bridge first, then Megatron and Starscream himself, with the space bridge fully self-destructing afterward.
After the battle for the space bridge, Omega Supreme was teleported to the same area of space in which Megatron and Starscream were last seen floating helplessly. After Starscream had thoroughly pleaded for mercy, claiming that Megatron was the one Omega Supreme wanted, Megatron realized that the giant Autobot was offline and promptly ordered Starscream to shut up. Megatron infiltrated Omega Supreme and was then quickly disarmed by his internal defenses. Starscream tried to sneak in another way, but was also captured. (Being reduced to a head makes locomotion very difficult.) After scanning the pair, Omega Supreme decided that lethal force was authorized. Megatron, however, had other plans. He claimed that he meant the great and all-powerful Omega Supreme no harm. This apparently did not compute in the simple processor of Omega Supreme, so Megatron quickly elaborated. He surrendered himself and an extremely protestant Starscream to Omega Supreme’s custody. Megatron was to be taken to Cybertron and delivered to the Elite Guard for trial.
Omega Supreme attempted to Transwarp himself to Cybertron, but lacked the necessary power supply. They ended up in an asteroid belt full of asteroid monster… things. Megatron then used his removed stasis cuffs to hotwire the Giant Autobot, which was quite an accomplishment since he had to do it while listening to Starscream whine. He then Transwarped to Earth and used the power of Omega Supreme to attempt to destroy the Autobots who had caused him so much trouble. With the help of Optimus, Prowl, and Ratchet, however, Omega Supreme was temporarily liberated. For about twenty seconds, anyway. Starscream then took over Omega Supreme’s weak processor and, at the suggestion of his new captive, Megatron, attempted to Transwarp to Cybertron. He almost succeeded. If it wasn’t for the quick thinking or Bumblebee and Bulkhead (two names that should not be in the same sentence with the verb “think”), who threw a Plasma-Dynamic Thruster into Omega Supreme, he would’ve made it. However, after orbiting Cybertron long enough to utter a triumphant “YES!”, Starscream and his giant super robot began to warp around space randomly.
After a fight with the Elite Guard, Lugnut was seen flying helplessly in space when he crashed onto Omega Supreme, who suddenly warped in front of him, with Megatron and Starscream onboard.
Omega Supreme was then spotted in the skies over Cybertron, where the Plasma-Dynamic Thruster has been removed by Lugnut, so that they no longer had to warp around randomly. In order for the Decepticons to take control of Omega Supreme, they needed the activation codes to activate him. Shockwave took on this task and confronted Omega's former mentor: Ratchet. After some fighting, Shockwave decided to get the codes from the original source: Arcee Shockwave kidnapped Arcee, while the other Decepticons escaped just before Sentinel Magnus ordered to open fire on Omega Supreme.
On the Moon, Ratchet, Sari, and Arcee bring him back online after Bumblebee and Bulkhead defeat Shockwave. They return to earth, where Omega's clones are wreaking havoc. Omega destroys one before being taken down by another clone. This clone later self-destructed in an act created by Starscream to destroy Megatron and the Autobots. However, Prowl and Jazz summoned up pieces of the allspark and stopped the clone from destroying Detroit, at the cost of Prowl's life. After Optimus defeats Megatron, he is arrested along with Lugnut and Shockwave, and Omega Supreme brings everyone back to Cybertron. The Autobot citizens cheer Optimus Prime and his crew, and when Omega Supreme transforms, they cheer even louder, the war finally over.
- Omega's fate in the Great War is finally revealed in TransWarped. He was near death when found by Ratchet, who asked him to transform back into a ship and put Omega into a modified stasis until the Autobots could figure out how to repair him. Clears a lot of things up huh?
- Omega Supreme's off-line status bears some scrutiny. He bravely sacrificed himself in the Great War, apparently being a key part of the Autobot victory. And rather than being honorably lain to rest, his remains were re-tasked for space bridge repair. So the Autobots were flying around in...the corpse of one of Cybertron's greatest heroes. The best explanation for this turn of events is that in pilot Optimus Prime did attempt to initiate "Emergency Defense Program, Codename: Omega" during the initial Decepticon attack, but Teletran-1 was being stingy with the energon and refused the request. Also, Ratchet mentioned that he was looking for a way to revive him to Sari during a Bridge Too Close, and that he was in deep stasis, meaning the Autobots probably thought that Omega was never truly dead, and since Ratchet was on that particular repair team, it may have been to keep the two of them close together.
- Also deserving some scrutiny is the obvious (though destructive to literary tension) fact that if the Autobots made a habit of activating him earlier, his whole "self-sacrifice" bit wouldn't be, y'know, necessary.
- As with most of the characters in the show, Omega Supreme has many details similar to his Generation One counterpart, specifically his clear orange face mask, his three-fingered right hand, the laser on the back of his head and his massive left-hand blaster.
- He has an actual face that can be seen when his face mask had not been mounted yet. However, the mask can act as a screen, which usually projects a slightly pixelated image of the bot that is currently controlling his body. How can the bot in question see when "his" optics are being blocked by an image of himself is up to question.
- Omega Supreme has the same grim personality like his G1 counterpart but with a different speech pattern.
- In Ultra Magnus' own words, Omega Supreme is a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
- Apparently, Optimus knew that his ship was a giant meat-headed Autobot, since he commanded Teletraan-1 to "activate Emergency Defense Program: Codename: Omega". But, oddly, in "A Bridge Too Close", he acted as though he never knew that Omega was their ship. Perhaps Prime was unaware of what Progam: Omega actually entailed. Or perhaps he was just suprised to see that Omega was back online.
- He sounds like a Dreadnought. Which is totally awesome and badass. Also, his 'Swore to serve, life or death.' feel is reminiscent of Dreadnaughts.
- Megatron showed a mild obsession with him throughout the series.
- His condition raises a few questions. It may be possible for all Cybertronians to continue functioning in a rudimentary fashion when in deep stasis as long as they are provided an appropriate amount of fuel and a controller. This may explain how Jetfire evaded detection on Earth for so long.