Due to the greed of his brother Ultra Magnus, Optimus Prime was forced into a combination with him - Ultra Magnus merely wanted the power of the Matrix of Leadership for himself, thinking that a combination would let him access that power. The result of their combination is Omega Prime, arguably the most powerful "Prime" in existence, as he has easily defeated the entire opposing Predacon troop on his own on multiple occasions - essentially, he is, in other words, a one-man army whose might can make short work of anything.
- Japanese name: God Fire Convoy
Robots In Disguise (Anime)
- Japanese: Satoshi Hashimoto (with the occasional shared portrayal with Ultra Magnus' Japanese actor, Takashi Matsuyama) (Note: Optimus Prime, in the Japanese version, is the more dominant consciousness of the combination's participants)
- English: Daniel Riordan (Note: Sometimes Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus speak on some occasions after combining)
During a fight with Megatron, Scourge, and the Decepticons' Commando subgroup, Optimus is ganged up on by all seven at once, and they are close to nearly destroying him after they set off the oil in the island of Sector K to ignite in the midst of their firepower. Ultra Magnus shows up having followed Sky-Byte (This following of Sky-Byte with discretion takes place after the Pred secretly plants a hidden tracking device on Prime's back just before the Autobot leader goes through the Space Bridge for Sector K with the intent of following him so that he can destroy Prime himself wherever Optimus goes and not let anyone else other than himself get the opportunity of being credited for Prime's end). He pretends to offer Prime his helping hand (by playing along with his brother's heavy burden in carrying the Matrix with a show of fake compassion, understanding and forgiveness), only to seize it and force themselves both into combining. What he does not expect, though, is that Optimus has as much control over their new transformation as Ultra Magnus does - his plan to steal the power of the Matrix backfires and he has to cooperate with Prime to defeat the enemy.
Omega Prime would later wield the Matrix Blade in the final battle against Galvatron.
Once again, Optimus and Magnus would team up to become Omega Prime. When the twins were abducted by the Chaos Bringer and pitted against his minions, the two combined into Omega Prime in order to fight off the Planet Eater's forces. The fight ended early, as Unicron's physical form was destroyed in another universe, resulting in a gigantic black hole that threatened to unravel the very fabric of existence. He later stopped Nemesis Prime from using the Dead Matrix to revive Unicron and destroy Primus with his boot of justice.
Robots In Disguise
- Combination set (2000 (Japan), 2001 (US))
- Japanese ID number: C-028 (unreleased)
- Simply a combination of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus, this toy was available in a combination pack of the siblings. However, the two-pack was short lived and the easiest way to get it was to buy the two separate toys individually. The Japanese version of the two-pack was a Toys R Us exclusive and was packaged with one of his special weapons, the Matrix Blade.
- Optimus Prime & Ultra Magnus (Sam's Club exclusives, 2003)
- Redecos of the first toys, the red on Prime was replaced with yellow, and Magnus's blue, with black.
Weapons & Attacks
- Armor-Piercing Salvo: A rapid-fire salvo that pierces opponent armor
- Cybertronic Blaster
- Gatling Cannon: Unleashes heavy firepower that severely hails an opponent
- Gatling Laser: A revolution laser blast whose energy does even more than the Gatling Cannon
- Matrix Blade: Omega Prime's only known melee weapon, generated from the powers of the Energy Matrix combined with Fortress Maximus' power
- Omega Blaster (Named Omega Blast on one occasion): A powerful blaster that unleashes a fair amount of power
- Omega Laser: Far more stronger than the Gatling Laser
- Prime Ultra Laser: Omega's most strongest laser weapon out of them all
- Omega Fist of Steel: This attack packs a punch (Literally)
- Omega Kick: Omega kicks his opponent with Ultra Magnus' power being added to Optimus' close-range hand-to-hand performance
- Omega Arsenal Blast: A full-on barrage of every firing weapon within Omega's arsenal