Nautilator is a Class-A, 100% certefied screw-up in every sense of the term. Rage-filled bellows of "Nautilatooooooooorrrr!!!" echo throughout the halls of the Decepticon Headquarters, as his peers and superiors struggle in vain to cope with his oafish buffoonery. A train-wreck of a warrior, Nautilator can barely manage to swim, let alone follow complex orders in an aquatic environment. Though if one were to ask Nautilator why he's such a doofus, he'd be quick to point a claw at anyone but himself. After all, it's not his fault the pencil-pushing eggheads at Decepticon HQ decided to turn him into a crab when he clearly had no deep sea training of any kind.
Marvel Comics continuity
- Nautilator (Seacon, 1988)
- Team ID number: SE3
- Accessories: "Triple Crusher Cannon", "Tripod Rifle", connector, weapon stand base
- Nautilator transforms into a robot lobster. He also has an "artillery" mode, which can be mounted on the weapon stand formed from the "Tripod Rifle" and other accessories, or held in the hand of the Seacons' combined robot. As a "Scramble City"-styled combiner, he can form an arm or leg to any compatible robot combination, though his nominal placement is as the handgun for Piranacon.
- His beast-mode lobster-claws are not really meant to be separate accessories and are not listed as such in his instructions, but they are easily removable.
- This exact toy was released in Japan as the Lobclaw drone. It was to be redecoed into Energon Nautilator, but that set was canceled.
- How big a screw-up is Nautilator? Well, outside of Italy he was left out of the Piranacon gift-set, which had the other five members of his team! He wasn't even drawn in the super-robot art! Ouch!