- The correct title of this issue is "My Little Pony/Transformers Issue 4". Due to technical limitations, the slash is removed from the article title.
|My Little Pony/Transformers #4|
|Published:||November 4, 2020|
|Writer:||Ian Flynn (pp. 1-10)|
James Asmus (pp. 11-20)
|Artist:||Sara Pitre-Durocher (pp. 1-10)|
Tony Fleecs (pp. 11-20)
|Colorist:||Joana Lafuente (pp. 1-10)|
Lauren Perry (pp. 11-20)
|Letterer:||Jake M. Wood (pp. 1-10)|
Neil Uyetake (pp. 11-20)
|Credits • Gallery • Allusions|
My Little Pony/Transformers #3
My Little Pony/Transformers II #1
My Little Pony/Transformers #4 is the fourth and final issue of IDW Publishing's crossover comic miniseries My Little Pony/Transformers: Friendship in Disguise. In the issue, Applejack and her family rally to save Sweet Apple Acres from the Insecticons, and Twilight Sparkle and Optimus Prime band the ponies and Autobots together to drive off their enemies.
Strength in Numbers
The issue begins at Sweet Apple Acres, where the Insecticons Skrapnel, Bombshell, Kickback, and their clones are devouring all of the Apple family's crops. Applejack tries to drive them off, but her efforts alone have no effect.
As Applejack thinks of other ways to get rid of the Insecticons, Discord suddenly appears before her. While he does not directly intervene, he opens a multitude of magic portals to bring in other members of the Apple family, including Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Babs Seed, and many others.
The Apple family confronts the Insecticons head-on, and a battle ensues. With the ponies' sheer numbers, they overwhelm the Insecticon swarm into submission. The mechanical bugs eventually retreat, and the Apple family celebrates their victory.
In the Crystal Empire, the Young Six report to Princess Cadance that the Decepticons have withdrawn from each site where they first appeared, but the Autobots believe they are still planning something. Just then, Queen Chrysalis, her changelings, and the Decepticons appear to mount a full-scale invasion. Megatron demands the surrender of all the magical items in Cadance's castle, which they plan to melt down into magic-enhanced Energon, and Chrysalis demands the surrender of everything else.
Twilight Sparkle and Optimus Prime appear using Twilight's portal magic to confront the invaders, alongside an army of their own consisting of ponies and Autobots. A large-scale battle ensues. When Shockwave attempts to steal magic from the Crystal Heart for Decepticon purposes, he is opposed by Bumblebee and his other Equestrian friends, including Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, Tempest Shadow, the Young Six, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
As the battle wages, Twilight warns Megatron that this is only a small portion of Equestria's true might and that even more ponies will arrive soon to oppose the Decepticons. Megatron accuses Chrysalis of misrepresenting their odds of victory, but Chrysalis says even if they lose today, the Autobots and Decepticons can still wage their war for however long they remain stuck in Equestria and cause widespread destruction for thousands of years.
All of a sudden, a spacebridge opens, through which Spike (using an exosuit) and Grimlock appear as reinforcements. Realizing their defeat is imminent, Chrysalis and the changelings retreat, and Twilight combines her magic with the power of Optimus' Matrix of Leadership to send Megatron and the Decepticons through the spacebridge and back to Cybertron.
With the battle over, Optimus apologizes to Twilight for the trouble they caused. Twilight says ponies do not judge others based on where they come from, only by the choices they make, and she is pleased that the Autobots have chosen kindness. Following a farewell party, the Autobots return to Cybertron, and Optimus blows up the spacebridge so that the Decepticons cannot use it to invade Equestria again. Meanwhile, Shockwave mentions to Megatron that although he did not secure any of the ponies' magic, he recovered the spacebridge's coordinate data, with which they might be able to bring the magic to them.
Strength in Numbers
- Applejack: Sweet Apple Acres is getting ate by the biggest varmints I've ever seen!
- Applejack: Ah think... Ah got 'em... on the ropes...
- Skrapnel: Juicy-juicy! Crisp-crisp! Pure perfect perfection!
- Venom: Nutrient-rich! More! More!
- Applejack: Discord! This better not be one of yer pranks!
- Discord: Applejack--please. This is far too mundane for me. They're invaders. Tactless, mannerless, and ruiners of perfectly good tea times.
- Applejack: Alright, you varmints--last warning. Git! Or else... yer gonna have to deal with the Apple family.
- Chop Shop: Insecticons! Devour the ponies!
- Applejack: How do you like these apples?
- Queen Chrysalis: Behold, princess! Queen Chrysalis returned to reclaim Equestria for the changelings! And this time--we didn't come alone.
- Megatron: Our demands are simple--surrender all magical items within your castle walls! And watch as we melt them all down into Energon enhanced with magic!
- Queen Chrysalis: And, of course, with Equestria drained of its strongest magics--feel free to surrender everything else to me.
- Optimus Prime: [to Princess Cadance] I apologize that we have to meet under these circumstances, your Highness. As well as for the behavior of my fellow Cybertronians.
- Optimus Prime: Autobots and ponies... transform and trot out!
- Twilight Sparkle: 'Til everypony are one!
- Bumblebee: [to Shockwave] C'mon, you didn't really think it would be that easy, did you? You guys are outnumbered on this world--and completely outclassed.
- Princess Cadance: Oh, well, that is very kind of you to say, Bumblebee!
- Optimus Prime: Give it up, Megatron. Your fight isn't with this world. And these beings are far from helpless.
- Megatron: Tell me, Prime--do you offer such weak pleas because you expect I have some hidden compassion? Or because you're still too dim to see that weakness is yours alone?
- Twilight Sparkle: Compassion is never a weakness.
- Bumblebee: Whoa! That's a heck of an entrance and an exosuit! But who's driving--?
- Spike: --Spike, of course! Eh... have we met?
- Queen Chrysalis: Changelings! Retreat! Our prize is this world--abandon the Decepticons before we get dragged into theirs!
- Megatron: No! You promised me power! What magic do they wield that could possibly stop us?!
- Twilight Sparkle: Haven't you learned by now...? Friendship!
- Gauge: Oh... Did you... have to do that? They were so... nice.
- Optimus Prime: When you make a good friend, Gauge--and you're made better by the experience--that friend is always with you. Even if that's the only time you ever have together.
- Megatron: Did you recover any of their magic?
- Shockwave: Negative, Lord Megatron. But I did record the original coordinate data from the malfunctioning spacebridge. So perhaps, with your permission, I may begin an effort to simply bring their magic to us?