Meltdown despises war but wouldn't dream of leaving a fellow Autobot behind to face it alone. His specialty is using beam weapons for repair or, if absolutely necessary, combat. It is rumored that he cares "too much" and has some emotional issues with combat, even closing his eyes rather than watching his missiles hit a living target. Still, those issues aside he is the best kind of health insurance to have on a battlefield. An Autobot "Guardian," he is designed to absorb massive amounts of damage and outfitted with everything needed to repair himself and other robots around him. Meltdown is all about controlling the battlefield and in addition to his durability and repair capabilities he can also paralyze and repel opponents.
Meltdown was among the Autobots who were on board the Arclight when it was shot down over Central City. He survived the crash and proceeded to take part in a series of battles against the Decepticons who had come to Earth aboard the Leviathan.
- His in-game Weapons are the Protex Rocket Launcher, Boraya Beam Gun, and Starstream Beam Gun. His multipurpose-utility-vehicle mode can fire long-ranged rockets that damages shields.
- His in-game abilities are:
- Beam Polarizer — when activated, Meltdown's Starstream Beam Gun boosts the damage of allies he's using it on, or dampens the damage inflicted by enemies he's shooting with it.
- Repulsor Probe — drops a thumper probe which periodically causes vibrations which repel enemies.
- Beam Protector — when active, if Meltdown fires either of his beam guns, his defenses are boosted.
- His active subsystem is "Positronic Conduit" which repairs him for a percentage of damage.
- Meltdown's Fix Field is also jokingly known as the "Circle of Life"