- 1984 — Megatron, leader and sometimes founder of the Decepticons from Generation One. For Toys of this character, see Megatron (G1) toys
- 1996 — Megatron, a Predacon criminal and architect of the theft of the Golden Disk turned ruler of Cybertron. Later became the leader of the Vehicons and was split into Savage/Noble and the Grand Mal in Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Yeesss.
- 2004 — Megatron, the first Decepticon leader having departed Cybertron long ago with Rodimus and eventually seeking a peaceful existence.
- 2007 — Megatron, the former Lord High Protector of Cybertron who gets a jonesing for the AllSpark and sparks a motion picture.
- 2010 — Megatron (Uniend), the commander of the Decepticons searching for Dark Energon in War for Cybertron and Prime.
Megatron is not to be confused with:
- Straxus, a Decepticon commander who temporarily inhabited Megatron's body (or a version of it, it's complicated) from the Generation One comics.
- The Megatron Military, Galvatron's legion of Megatron clones from The Transformer manga series.
- The Megatron statue, a massive stone statue of the Unicron Trilogy character.
- Megaplex, a duplicate of Megatron designed to fool his enemies from the Generation One continuity.
- Mechatron, a Beast Rider from Beast Machines.
- Megabolt, Decepticon emissary, whose alternate form mimics the Big Floating Head headquarters of Beast Wars Megatron in the Beast Machines cartoon, from Robots in Disguise/Universe.
- Megastorm, younger brother of Galvatron from Beast Wars II.
- Megastar, Robots in Disguise Megatron's starship/base.
- Megazarak, an alternate dimension's version of Megatron from Transformers Universe.
- Mega-Dinobot, the combined form of Unicron Trilogy Grimlock and Swoop from Energon.
- Mega-Octane, leader of the Decepticon Commandos from Robots in Disguise, who looks exactly like the Combaticon leader Onslaught.
- Megatronus Prime, the original name for the The Fallen (multiversal singularity).
Many versions of Megatron eventually upgrade their bodies and change their name to Galvatron.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.