Meantime is one of many small robots who was once a normal machine brought to life by the power of the All Spark. Gifted with incredible time-based powers, and cursed with the petty humor to never use them to their fullest. Not only can he slow time around him, but also speed it up and even stop it - and selectively use this on other things too! He'd be almost invaluable to the Decepticons - if he chose to use his powers for something OTHER than making humans get into accidents, then "rewinding" time to watch them do it again.
- French-Canadian name: Transfo-Temps
- Spanish name: Transfo-Tiempo
Transformers (film) Edit
- Meantime (Real Gear Robots, 2007)
- Japanese ID number: MD-16
- Meantime transforms into a (non-functional) digital wristwatch of a made-up model. Like all Real Gear Robots toys, his robot mode is apparently at 1:1 scale. Meantime's display reads the time of 5:17 and 40 seconds, with a date of Wednesday, January 2nd. The display face flips around to display the time properly as a watch, and then again to align for robot mode. He has an Auto-Morph feature as well: Pulling his legs down makes his head and shoulders rise as part of the transformation. You'll need the tiny wrists of a little girl to pull off wearing him in watch mode without cutting off all the circulation to your hand.
- This mold was also used to make Midnighter XR-4.
- The time of 5:17 refers to May 17th, the date when the second Transformers theatrical trailer was released on the internet.
- The next time January 2nd falls on a Wednesday is 2013. Your Meantime figure acts as a functional watch for one second, roughly every seven years.
- Meantime appears to be wearing a miniature version of himself on his left wrist. This feature doesn't appear in any of Hasbro's stock photgraphs.