M.E.C.H. (standing for an unknown acronym) was an organization working in opposition to the United States government. They sought to create a "new world order" through the application of the cutting-edge technology including Cybertronian technology and biology. They are described as "Decepticons in human skin" by Optimus Prime after he met them.
They have learned about the existence of both the Autobots and Decepticons ever since their encounter with them in Convoy. They planned to incorporate the technology of Cybertronians to pursue their agenda for the world. They even kidnapped Breakdown, removed and studied one of his optics, and then tortured him almost to the point of death. They also sided with Airachnid to kidnap June Darby so that Jack Darby would bring Arcee. They came close to nearly dissecting Arcee but escaped when Agent Fowler arrived.
MECH is also very resourceful when it comes to obtaining information. Their agents are in all the ranks of government of the United States and abroad, and they owe sovereignty to no nation.
After Breakdown was killed by Airachnid, MECH gathered his remains and took them to their base. Nemesis Prime, the product of Project Chimera, was defeated by Optimus Prime and ended up falling on top of Silas, severely injuring him fatally. The men were able to remove his very damaged body from underneath Nemesis Prime and planned to save him by merging him with the remains of Breakdown.
After saving Silas, he felt he should only be in "the exclusive company of titans", so he betrayed and slaughtered his oen men in favor of joining the Decepticons. Silas tried to offer the orbital laser weapon of Project Damocles to the Decepticon cause, but Megatron turned on him after the weapon was destroyed and failed in its intended purposes. With Silas' eventual death by Airachnid, MECH was no longer seen or heard of since.
- Leland Bishop/Silas/CYLAS (Deceased, Killed by Airachnid)
- MECH Navigator (Presumably deceased)
- MECH Surgeon (Deceased)
- MECH Commandos (Deceased)
- MECH-1 (Presumably deceased)
- Nemesis Prime (Offline, destroyed by Optimus Prime)
- Novo (Formerly, Fate unknown)
- Dr. Thaddeus Morocco (Presumably, Wiped of memories)
- MorBot (Presumably, Offline)
Cybertronians who have allied with MECH
- Project Damocles (destroyed)
- Project Chimera (product destroyed)
- Project Mechanoid (rendered defunct)
- MECH is extremely popular for use in fan fiction based on or inspired by Transformers: Prime. They are often portrayed as having survived beyond Silas' cold-blooded massacre in some way and being genuine threats to Cybertronians. This is rather ironic, however, because for most of the show the Autobots considered them a secondary threat and even the Decepticons barely acknowledged their existence at all. Cybertronians had pretty good reason not to fear them.
- MECH is an organization similar to Cemetery Wind and the Transformers Reaction Force (TRF) from the fourth and fifth live-action films, as those groups were antagonists in Transformers: Age of Extinction and Transformers: The Last Knight. All human groups attacked Cybertronians with Earth-based weaponry. All groups have also aligned themselves with the enemies of the Autobots to hunt for their prey.
Main Article: MECH/Gallery