Leader is a class featured in Transformers: War for Cybertron. As a leader, you bring a balance of mind and muscle to your team. Leaders carry an array of top-notch artillery and can buff themselves and their teammates with defensive abilities. In vehicle mode, they attack with unguided rockets and the reinforced bumper of their truck forms.
Life bar: 5
- Heavy Rig (Optimus)
- Medic Rig (Ratchet)
- Armored Rig (Ironhide)
- Elite Rig (Zeta Prime, DLC #2, available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, but not for the officially for the PC version. Mods are available.)
- Spy Rig (Soundwave)
- Tactical Rig (Onslaught, DLC #1, available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, but not for the PC version.)
Leaders can equip two of these four weapons:
- Ion blaster
- Energon battle pistol
- Magma frag launcher
- Fusion cannon
They use energon axes in melee and carry thermo mines, but only after certain conditions are met (see upgrades).
Leaders can eventually choose two from four different abilities:
- Warcry: Increase you and your allies' damage and armor for a while.
- Barrier: Deploys an Energon Shield Barrier (flat rectangular wall that eventually dissipates). (Level 1)
- Moleculon Bomb: Deploys a bomb that slows enemies and then explodes. (Level 2)
- Disruption: Forces victim to change form and locks them there for a while. (Level 5)
- Ram: Hit enemies with your face.
Leaders can eventually choose up to three upgrades to augment their abilities: First Tier
- Roll Out: Increases Ram damage. (Level 1)
- Rally: Increases Warcry's radius. (Level 3)
- Duck and Cover: Causes residual damage to enemies near a Moleculon Bomb. (Level 7)
- No Surrender: Warcry's effect lasts longer. (Level 10)
- Corrode: Victims of Disruption take damage. (Level 17)
- Rage: Warcry buff increases. (Level 23)
- Flak Armor: Reduces explosion damage. (Level 2)
- Empowered Shields: Increases health of Energon Shield Barrier. (Level 5)
- Martyrdom: Drops Thermo Mines in inventory when killed. (Level 8)
- Chaos Master: Disruption lasts longer. (Level 13)
- Ion Booster: Teammates near Moleculon Bomb receive speed boosts. (Level 19)
- Reserve Power Cells: Gain ability to shoot for a while after being killed. (Level 24)
- Weapon Stabilizer: Reduces weapon kickback. (Level 6)
- Seeker: Increases Thermo Mine search radius. (Level 6)
- Blaster Amplifier: Grants two extra ammo clips. (Level 9)
- First Aid: Decreases health regeneration delay. (Level 15)
- Explosive Capacitor: Grants one extra grenade. (Level 21)
- Rapid Recharge: Reduces ability recharge time. (Level 25)
After killing enough guys without dying, every class can use special abilities. The leaders' are:
- Intercooler (3 kills): Greatly reduces ability recharge time.
- P.O.K.E. 2.0 (5 kills): Makes your melee attack explosive (also, you get to hear Peter Cullen say "Punch of Kill Everything"!).
- Thermo Mine Re-Spawner (7 kills): Spawns a trail of Thermo Mines.