Laserbeak is an example of reengineered Cybertronian wildlife. Laserbeak serves as a scout and spy for the Decepticon cause, recording information for his masters and hunting down human and Cybertronian targets over long distances.
Dark of the Moon film
Laserbeak shows up at Chernobyl when Shockwave and Driller were battling Optimus Prime and Ratchet with NEST soldiers commanded by William Lennox. Laserbeak kills Alexi Voskhod, when he tried driving away in his white limo. His existence, as well as his intention to kill him, was also alluded to by Voskhod earlier on, when Lennox asks why he isn't wearing a radiation suit and he replies that it wouldn't matter anyways only to keep silent when he sees Laserbeak nearby.
He blackmailed Jerry Wang his life for information from Sam Witwicky, which made Jerry act extremely bizarre in front of Sam when trying to tell him about the secrets of the Moon. Jerry aimed two guns at Laserbeak proclaiming, "Someone messed with the wrong Wang today!", but he wasn't quick enough to shoot. The sadistic Decepticon killed him for fun by swinging him out the window, sending him falling out of the skyscraper Sam was working in. Laserbeak then chased Sam, but he managed to escape.
During one of his attacks, lands at a house in america, he the shape-shifts into a small pink robot, vaguely resembling Bumblebee, an even more advanced skill than scanning a vehicle to transform into. He then used his disguise to goad his target's young daughter into letting him into their house and sits and draws with her; when her parents came in, he viscously says "Hello Mom!" Laserbeak transforms into his normal self and presumably kills the entire family. He the hovers above a photo of all the NASA scientist aware of the secrets of the Moon landings.
When Sam was given a gun by Robert Epps to threaten the evil human Dylan Gould, who was supporting the Decepticons, Laserbeak transformed out of his television mode and grabbed Sam with his talons and threw him out of the window, but Sam was saved by Bumblebee. Laserbeak struggled with Sam on top of Bumblebee's fighter after Carly Brooks-Spencer escapes. Sam manages to hold Laserbeak's head in front of one of the fighter's guns and has Bumblebee fire, decapitating and killing Laserbeak.
Dark of the Moon game
Laserbeak assists Soundwave in infiltrating, and destroying the ex-Sector Seven island base. He gets in through a service tunnel and sneaks past the Autobot garrisons. He reprograms the harmonics of the Volcanic Stabilizers, so Soundwave can destroy them. He also lowers the security systems so Soundwave can enter the complex. He escapes the triggered eruption and meats back up with Soundwave.
- Laserbeak (MechTech Deluxe, 2011)
- Laserbeak transforms into a mini Osprey-esque VTOL aircraft. He comes with two MechTech weapons that can combine to form one big cannon. The toy of Laserbeak, it seems, is based on concept art by Wesley Burt.
- Unlike his counterparts from other continuities who made bird sounds and were less anthropomorphic, he speaks English. He also seems to be more based on a vulture rather than a condor.
- This Laserbeak it seems can turn into multiple objects, from a printer/copier, a pink and smaller copy of "Bumblebee", a computer monitor with keyboard and mouse, and a wall-mounted television.
- There was no logical reason for the girl to have known who Bumblebee was or what he looked like, especially considering that her father had been sworn to secrecy by the US government, was likely retired from service, and had probably never met Bumblebee.
- This Laserbeak seems to be skilled at acting as well as disguise; when he disguises himself as the pink robot, he asks in a remarkably friendly tone of voice if the girl's father is home. When the parents walk in, he is sitting beside her on the couch while she reads to him from an open book in her lap, which suggests that he has kept up the charade for several minutes, if not longer.
- The sounds Laserbeak makes while in his copier disguise are the notes to the theme song from The Transformers.
- Laserbeak is the only animalistic Transformer to be capable of speech in the films.
- Footage of Laserbeak as a photocopier from Dark of the Moon film is used in an advertisement fro Double A, and at the end of the ad, it says you should watch Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
- Laserbeak, as well as Ravage, the Insecticons, and the Driller, is an example of re-engineered Cybertronic wildlife.