|The Transformers: Infiltration > Issue # 6|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
A super-powered Starscream challenges Megatron.
Starscream charges himself up to immense levels with Ore-13, intending to defeat Megatron. While the other Decepticons drop their guns and cease their mutiny at the mere sound of Megatron's voice, Starscream unleashes his full, devastating power...
... and Megatron STILL beats him.
|Writer(s): Simon Furman|
|Art: E. J. Su|
|Colors: John Rauch, Simon Bork, Mark Englert, Aaron Myers, Sunder Raj and Kevin Senft|
|Letters: Robbie Robbins|
|Editor(s): Chris Ryall & Dan Taylor|
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- —Megatron, showing that even in a different reality, some things never change.
"Prowl? Are we just gonna let them sneak back into their cozy siege bunker?"
"Thank the primal source for that!"
- —Sunstreaker lets Prowl know that he actually does believe in a being greater than himself.
"Er, excuse me...what are the humans doing out?"
"There's a local Earth expression, Sunstreaker. Something about equine lifeforms the exgress from their given habitation."
- —Sunstreaker and Jazz discuss the concept of wild horses.
- In the very first panel, "Oregon" is misspelled as "Orgeon". This was corrected in the TPB.
Items of note
- Cameos: More Machination dudes
- The Machination sub-plot continues directly into Escalation #1.
- Starscream reveals that most of the Transformers are surviving off artificial Energon substitutes.
- Megatron and Prime's arrivals turn Earth into "the pivotal front line". Both of the leaders are treated by the cells as awe-inspiring, supremely powerful entities—which Megatron demonstrably is.
- Megatron states that he believed he and Starscream had long since moved on from "such power plays". While it's obvious Starscream has been treacherous before (because he's Starscream), this implies he stopped long ago. Starscream's dialog suggests this was due to fear more than anything else.
- As with Bumblebee, Sunstreaker's holomatter avatar (and presumably voice) is female.
- The "Decepticomments" section featured mail answered by Chris Ryall and an image of a cover for Escalation #1.
- Cover A: Optimus Prime by E. J. Su
- Cover B: Starscream on throne by Guido Guidi
- Cover C: Optimus Prime by Klaus Scherwinski
- Cover D: Megatron vs Starscream by Nick Roche
- Cover RI-A: Megatron vs Starscream wraparound cover by Andrew Wildman
- Cover RI-B: Arcee vs Decepticons wraparound cover by Bob Lefevre
- Cover RI-C: Optimus Prime by Guido Guidi (includes 4 mini-prints)