|The Transformers: Infiltration > Issue # 4|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Ratchet and Bumblebee protect their human friends while a new player arrives on Earth.
Verity, Hunter and Jimmy explore the abandoned Decepticon base. In the process, Verity discovers a months-old human corpse and almost has a nervous breakdown. Topside, Skywarp and Blitzwing try to destroy the bunker, forcing Ratchet and Bumblebee into battle. Bumblebee is able to shoot down Skywarp, his processor speed outmatching Skywarp's, but Ratchet is taken out by Blitzwing.
Back underground, Verity discovers someone else has entered the bunker: Megatron.
|Writer(s): Simon Furman|
|Art: E. J. Su|
|Colors: John Rauch|
|Letters: Tom B. Long|
|Editor(s): Chris Ryall & Dan Taylor|
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- Has same publish date as issue #3.
Items of note Edit
- Cameos: Unnamed Machination employees, Stoker (in picture)
- Megatron is talking to Razorclaw. The full conversation appears in Stormbringer #3.
- The Machination's plot and the purpose of the SM-40 is revealed in Devastation #1 — a preview with the relevant pages is printed in Spotlight: Optimus Prime.
- The human corpse is that of a human abducted and replaced by a Decepticon Facsimile; the pod it was in is a life support vessel, keeping it alive in case a new facsimile needs to be grown, but which was abandoned and allowed to fail. This is explained in Escalation #2.
- This is the first issue to make it explicit that Verity is more emotionally vulnerable than she lets on.
- The "Decepticomments" section featured mail answered by Chris Ryall and short ads for next month's issues: Infiltration #5, The Gathering #4, Generations #3.
- Cover A: Starscream by E. J. Su, would later become part of the wraparound cover RI-A for issue 5
- Cover B: Bumblebee on Blitzwing's turret by Guido Guidi
- Cover C: Bumblebee with giant-ass gun by Andrew Wildman
- Cover D: Humans by James Raiz
- Cover RI-A: Foil stamp of cover C, without the background
- Cover RI-B: (Mostly) toy-accurate Megatron by Guido Guidi
- Cover RI-C: Saluting Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (includes 3 mini-prints)
- Cover RE-A: Megatron and Optimus Prime by Andrew Wildman (drawtheworldtogether.com exclusive)