To put it mildly, one could say that Hardhead's cranium isn’t exactly crammed with cerebral circuitry. Or one could say that he’s as dumb as a rock. And not one of those cool geodes, either. I mean a big, grey piece of slag. Hardhead has a tough time even staying on task long enough to finish a sentence, let alone coordinate a tactical nuclear strike. He can be easily fooled and needs to be constantly reminded of exactly what he’s supposed to be doing. He can't even pronounce his beast mode's name—although, to be fair, he's not alone there.
Beast Wars Neo cartoonEdit
- Voice actor: Masami Iwasaki (Japanese)
Beast Wars Neo mangaEdit
Hardhead, along with Hydra, broke into the Maximal ship, the Gung Ho, to steal the Angolmois energy within. With all the crew off the ship on an Angolmois capsule hunt, save for Longrack and Heinrad, Hardhead threatened Longrack with a sweeping movement of his sword...which accidentally sliced open Hydra's chest. This drew a shocked reaction from Hydra, who demanded an apology. His honor tarnished, Hardhead impaled himself on his own sword, despite Hydra telling him not to, because then there would be no one left to steal the Angolmois energy.
As they lay dying, victims of Hardhead's stupidity, Longrack stood there, boggled as to what the heck just happened. With his dying breath, Hydra gloated that the most important part of their mission was completed...which was later found out to be a bomb aboard the Gung Ho.
IDW Beast Wars comicsEdit
He's one of Shokaract's heralds.
Good pick there, Shokey.
Beast Wars NeoEdit
- Hardhead (Deluxe, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: D-37
- A retool of the original Dinobot toy, Hardhead transforms into... well, a dinosaur that vaguely resembles a pachycephalosaurus. Opening his dino-mode jaw pops up his skullcap slightly, and using his head as a battering ram pushes down the skullcap and closes his jaw. His tail detaches and separates to form a gear-powered spinning-blade weapon (also known as his 'Rotate blade'), while the central "tail bone" separates to be used as a sword. The entire assembly can store in robot mode by flipping down the tail-mount and pegging the blade's base to the peg on his lower back.
- This mold was also used to make Dinotron. The original incarnation of the mold was used to make Beast Wars Grimlock, Thrustor and Dinobots Grimlock.
- Sharp Edge vs Hardhead (Vs. pack, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: VS-37
- Hardhead was available both as an individually packaged item and in a two-pack with fellow retool Sharp Edge. There are no differences between the individual and multi-pack versions.