- Crumplezone is a Decepticon from the planet Velocitron in the Cybertron portion of the Unicron Trilogy.
The largest inhabitant of Velocitron (yet speed-wise he can still smoke most off-worlders), Crumplezone is undeniably the brawn of the gruesome twosome formed with the weasely Ransack. It's not that Ransack is really all that much smarter than Crumplezone, it's just that the big lug just tends to leave the thinking to others, going along with whatever scheme his best (and possibly only) friend Ransack has cooked up. Being bad is just easier, and a lot more fun. Plus, Megatron is less likely to blast him then.
He really, really hates Scrapmetals.
- Japanese name: Land Bullet, Arm Bullet (Dark body)
- Voice actor: Mark Acheson (US), ? (Japan)
Ransack and Crumplezone were the first Velocitronians approached by Megatron, and were quickly cowed into servitude. Under Megatron's command, they sought out clues to the planet's Cyber Planet Key, first terrorizing Brakedown and Clocker, then convincing Dirt Boss to help them win the Planet Cup race. All throughout, they snuck around, trying to manipulate and cheat their way though, eventually abandoning Dirt Boss during the desert portion of the race. They made it to the final leg of the race: a vast, twisting track deep inside the planet, but blew all their power very early in the race and were left eating dust by Hot Shot and Override. They decided to attempt to just flat-out steal the Planet Cup, and naturally failed.
After their failure to capture the Speed Planet's Cyber Planet Key, Ransack and Crumplezone joined Megatron's forces off-planet attempting to collect the other Cyber Planet Keys. When Starscream gave Megatron a false map that was in fact a trap, Crumplezone was the only one not trapped in it, and he quickly panicked. However, we went to find their newest ally Scourge, and soon(ish) Megatron was free... and pissed.
Crumplezone joined his boss on the return to Earth, fighting against both the Autobots and the Decepticons under Starscream's command. The battlefield quickly shifted to Cybertron, where Crumpleone ran afoul of a swarm of Scrapmetals, succumbing to their numbers and exploding. Near death, he was revived by the ghostly form of Megatron shortly after (in a more powerful body to boot!), and the grateful duo continued to follow Megatron, all the way to Gigantion the Giant Planet. There... they suffered humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat, pretty much. For a brief moment they had a shot at actually achieving something for Megatron by kidnapping the Mini-Con Jolt, but were outsmarted by Bud and his new Cobybot, then subsequently blasted through a few layers of Gigantion by Optimus Prime using Metroplex's colossal axe "Sparkdrinker", which was really overkill.
When Megatron-then-Galavtron finally obtained the Omega Lock and all four Cyber Planet Keys, they followed him back to Cybertron and the edge of the Unicron Singularity. There, when threatened by hundreds of Transformers from across the colony worlds, Galvatron used the powers of the Omega Lock to make his lackeys gigantic and incredibly powerful. Crumplezone ended up facing off mostly against his fellow Velocitronians, including Dirt Boss. Despite his super-size, he ended up running away as he was attacked on all sides.
After Galvatron's plans to accelerate the growth of the Unicron Singularity failed, Crumplezone and the other Decepticons left Galvatron, realizing that he had had no intention of sparing their lives from the cataclysm should he have succeeded. They re-appeared on the displaced Jungle Planet, as the citizens and Autobots were trying to prevent one of the massive planetary engines that was returning the world to its rightful place from falling over. Surprising everyone, they helped right the engine, having decided to try being good guys and being on the winning side for a change.
Ransack, Crumplezone and Thunderblast journeyed together across each of the worlds, trying to find a place to fit in. Ultimately failing, on Earth they cobbled together a makeshift rocket and headed for the stars, shanghaiing Thundercracker before they left, eager to become the New Decepticon Army.
The rocket crashed on Mars, to comedic effect.
- Crumplezone (Voyager, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: GD-04
- Part of the "Speed Planet" theme, Crumplezone transforms into a three-wheeled Cybertronic race car with huge turbine thrusters. These thrusters each contain a spring-loaded missile launcher,and can be swung forward in both vehicle and robot mode by plugging a Cyber Planet Key into his key-jack. This also activates electronic sound effects.
- He came with a silver-bordered Velocitron-style Cyber Planet Key. The Hasbro version has the Key Code "vj40" tampographed on the back.
- Dark Crumplezone (Voyager, 2005)
- An extensively retooled version of Crumplezone's original toy (approximately 80% of its parts have been changed), Crumplezone still turns into a Cybertronic three-wheeler, but this time his design is much more angular, with a "stealth fighter" look to him. He retains all of the original version's gimmicks. His silver-bordered Velocitron Key has the Key Code "v2r2" on the back.
- This toy was slated for a Japanese release, but it never happened. Not even an e-hobby USA Edition release.
- Omega Supreme with Crumplezone (Battle Master pack, 2006)
- Attacktix Crumplezone is a melee fighter, using a spring-loaded waist-turn punch to attack. He was only available in a pack with the large Omega Supreme piece.