Before the war, Front-Line was a vigilante known for getting to the scene of a crime first, crashing through the gates and smashing together criminal heads. Bad guys that met him were more likely headed to a scrap pile or a critical med bay than to a jail cell. Now he puts all that combat skill and power to work as an Autobot close combat specialist, annihilating Decepticons close up and personal on the front line of the battlefield.
Frontline was among the Autobots who were on board the Arclight when it was shot down over Central City. He survived the crash and proceeded to take part in a series of battles against the Decepticons who had come aboard the Leviathan.
- His in-game weapons are the Orbital Minigun, Riot Hand Axes, and High-Rise Hammer. His vehicle mode can fire a shockwave cannon that damages spark.
- His in-game abilities are:
- Reduction Inducer — slows down enemy movement and reduces their damage resistance as a result of Front-Line's morale circuits emitting an interference signal.
- Deflection Grid — projects a "defense matrix" which negates incoming ranged attacks and some melee attacks.
- Infantry Overdrive — increases the movement speed of Front-Line and his nearby fellows by rerouting power from his morale circuits to his articulators.
- His active subsystem is "Critical Absorption" which positively fuels his Energon flow and S-Tech Gauge when he takes a critical hit.
- Frontline was previously known as "Vanquish" in the 2012 beta but in the 2014 beta his name was changed as well as a couple of his weapons.