- Freeboot is a Unicron-aligned Mini-Con from the Armada portion of the Unicron Trilogy continuity family.
Freeboot loves to inflict pain. He's a vicious, merciless killer, but he carries himself with a superior, smug air of a gentleman... or a huge snot. He gleefully carries out the will of his master Unicron, alongside his Aqua Raider Mini-Con Team allies.
Micron Legend: Linkage Mini-Comics
Freeboot and the other Aqua Raider Mini-Cons were sent to the Hawaiian islands seeking out the Super Stunt Mini-Con Team and the Sonic Assault Mini-Con Team, with orders to leave at least one of them alive for use in their plans to destroy the Linkage. However, the raid did not go remotely as planned; the Mini-Cons had evacuated their shuttle and set up their equipment on dry land, so the Aqua Raiders' assault on an empty shuttle bought them a few seconds, enough time for them to unlock the Master Key and access their full power well. With this new power at the hands of Redline and Combusta, Freeboot and his cohorts were quickly defeated and captured.
The Aqua Raiders did escape after the plan to use Ravenus and the Doomstone failed, breaking through their energy-wall prison using trans-phase mode, the same seemingly nanitic reconfiguration ability possessed by the likes of Sideways and Nemesis Prime.
Later, Freeboot was shown fighting alongside the Dead End drones as the Autobots and Decepticons battled the colossal Unicron above the surface of Cybertron. It is unknown how he fared in this battle, but chances are, things didn't end too well for him.
- Freeboot (Mini-Con, 2004)
- Freeboot is a redeco of the Sea Mini-Con Team member Waterlog, transforming into a hovercraft with top-mounted pressure-launch missile. He was only available with Volume 8 of the Micron Legend (the Japanese name for Armada) DVD series in Japan.
- The same mold is used by Hover.
- According to Linkage author Hirofumi Ichikawa, Freeboot and the other Aqua Raider Mini-Cons were former "free" Mini-Cons who were caught on Earth and forcibly reformatted by Fixer Bugs into slaves of Unicron.