Stymied time and again by his Maximal foes, Megatron summons 3 Sparks from his collection of hostages and brings 3 new Generals online.
- Japanese title: "The Mark of Love" (愛 の 古傷 (しるし) Ai no Shirushi)
While the Maximals search the Cybertronian Archives for answers to what has happened to the population, they are attacked by Vehicon drones. Rattrap, who went inside to look through the files, returns and explains all history of the planet has been erased. Optimus roars in rage as he one-manly destroys so many drones before he loses his center and Transforms to Beast Mode. The council citadel: at the same time. Megatron monitors the events with a camera drone shooting on location the Cybertronian arcives as Optimus goes crazy with his foe's act of villany, letting a building fall on the last Tank drones of the episode. He and the others retreat from the scene. Megatron grows tired enough of his drones failing him due to the Maximals showing free will and calls three sparks from the spark bank that is designed as the floor of Megatron's new house of darkness... Optimus is not incredibly happy about the failures of the team as he roars, snaps and sshouts about their sloppy performance and angrily informs them that they are Cybertron's only hope and vows to himself that he will not fail his team again. Blackarachnia sneaks off on her own to the Central Space Port, Rattrap sneaking after her. Rattrap squeaks to Blackarachnia about why she took off, but however, 3 new Transformers are driving towards the duo. When Blackarachnia assumes them to be Drones, they reveal they possess Sparks; the same 3 seen earlier, now allocated to the following:
...to prove her theory wrong before she and Rattrap flee from the generals' attack to another chamber where, in navigating its interior, the generals have found them and rebegin the attack. In the midst of it all, Blackarachnia locates an Autobot shuttle, Omega Delta, which was used by the end of the Beast Wars to reach Cybertron. Blackarachnia plans to download the backup memory files of the shuttle to find out what happened, but Megatron also plans to download her memories to locate the Maximal base. Rattrap learns of this and has to cut the power of the shuttle. Thankfully, Blackarachnia remembered the missing members of the team - Rhinox and Silverbolt. The Generals attack, but Optimus and Cheetor leap in to save their comrades. however, at the same time, the ship's self-destruction is imminent and Optimus roars at the spider and mouse for performing an act of craziness that could have sent them to the Matrix.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- —A certain ape is not happy with his team's performance...
Sheesh... And bye-bye, zenmaster.
- —Rattrap's response...
Optimus: (To Rattrap) You think this is a JOKE!? WE ARE CYBERTRON'S ONLY HOPE!! (Optimus' body mysteriously glitches) AAAGGGHHH!!! I failed my people once... (The glitching stops) (Sternly, silently) ...I will not fail them again...
- —Sheesh... Somebody's having a hard time trying to help Cybertron out of its planetwide predicament...
Blackarachnia: 3 mindless drones. Shouldn't be a problem.
Jetstorm: Only 3 things wrong with that little theory:
- 1: We're not drones,
- 2: We're not mindless,
- & 3: Problem's my middle name!
—Blackarachnia Misinterprets the generals and Jetstorm corrects her.
- Jetstorm: Afterburn!
- Thrust: Overdrive...
- Tankor: PULVERIZE!!!!!
- —The Generals' transformation codes
This is captain Jetstorm speaking: please feel free to move about the tarmac, AND FLEE FOR YOUR MISERABLE LITTLE LIVES!
- —The chase captain, captain Jetstorm, gives us a stylized message that is worth listening to...
- This is the first time in Beast Machines that Megatron says his trademark "Yeeesss".
- This episode reveals that the Maximals cannot be detected on sensors while in Beast Mode in their new Technorganic bodies
- While Megatron is looking at some computer screens, there are four (sense-lacking) Cybertronix (Predacon)-scribed messages:
- "These flowers taste funny"
- "We are the mcanimators from mcmainframe"
- "Smoke some ganja"
- "If you can read this seek help"
- Optimus Primal seems very insistent on Blackarachnia's reverting to beast mode despite not knowing the reason why she should until much later in the episode.
- Considering the concentration that is seemingly required to maintain Robot Mode, Optimus may feel that Blackarachnia is wasting mental energy maintaining that state for no reason.
- Or maybe, the Oracle may have infused him during his reformatting with knowledge of how the Maximals' new bodies' properties, while not in robot mode, can prevent them from being detected by scanners meaning that anyone or anything seeking them out would have to do so through an optical-sensors-only no-scanners search with some assistance from the audio sensors (a brilliant test for the still-developing Cybertronian who has only just come online).
- Why would a Diagnostic Drone be so grossly inaccurate when he told Megatron that his organic purging was complete? He even chalks up the mistake to 'random residual biological-', right before being blasted by Megatron's extremely biological beast mode.
- In the same scene, it was shiny and fine. In the next time, it appeared without ever having left the throne room.
- WHAT?!? "4,000,000 years of Cybertron history?" Is Megatron for real? Shockwave spent that long just sitting around waiting for the original Megatron to call while the latter was in stasis lock aboard the Ark! Obviously, given that fact, Cybertron is a lot older than Megatron makes it out to be.
- Writer Bob Skir claims that neither the statue nor the golden disks in its hands were mentioned the script. However, he suggested that they were either the disks from the Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 probes, or that Optimus won them in the 2,395,989th Annual Cybertronian spelling bee. We're betting on the latter.
- 1 of Jetstorm's lines during the chase scene refers to a flight captain