No Decepticon leader wants Fangry under his command. The rebellious, foul-mouthed Fangry explodes violently against any being who dares give him an order. He has attacked almost as many unfortunate Decepticons as he has their actual enemies, the Autobots. A Decepticon with a healthy sense of self-preservation will give Fangry orders in the form of mild suggestions or reverse psychology.
Fangry has complete faith in his judgment and his alone. He is unwilling to listen to advice, and his tactics are notoriously flawed. Furthermore, he's likely to be abandoned on the battlefield when in trouble. The mere act of coming to his rescue implies he needs help at all—and, well, you know how he reacts to that idea.
- French name (Canada): Croc (Fang)
Fangry and his Headmaster partner, Brisko, oversaw part of the Z Foundation's attempt at recruiting humans to take down the Autobots for them. Their pawns, the Roadjammers, ended up overstepping their boundaries and double-crossed the Decepticons. Though the Roadjammers did use the jammers they were provided to capture three Autobots, they used a frequency splitter to jam three more Transformers—namely, Fangry and his companions Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull. The Decepticons' plans were scrapped when the Roadjammers used their jammer to control all six jammed Autobots and Decepticons to attack Mr. Z and Scorponok. Overwhelmed, the Decepticons' anti-jammer was required to free them all, allowing Fangry and the others to escape.
Shortly thereafter, Fangry joined his fellow Decepticons in recovering Scorponok's head from Highbrow, but was then shunted into Limbo to make way for the time-traveling Soundwave and the Terrorcons, leaving him out of the Time Wars.
As the threat of Unicron neared, Optimus Prime surrendered his Autobots to Scorponok's Decepticons on Earth in order to facilitate an alliance against the Chaos Bringer, and Fangry helped the Autobots unload their weapons and partners. While a second Decepticon Civil War soon broke out, Fangry was ordered by Soundwave to head topside along with Weirdwolf and Misfire. Later, Fangry was surprised that Soundwave was suggesting they lay down their arms and join forces with the Autobots against Unicron, unaware that Soundwave had been hypnotized by Mindwipe (who had himself been coerced by Kup). But before Fangry could react further, he and every other Transformer on Earth was instantly transported to Cybertron by Primus. There he and the others gathered to hear Primus (speaking through Emirate Xaaron) tell the history of the rivalry between him and Unicron.
Fangry survived the Transformers' battle with Unicron Bludgeon assumed command of the Decepticons, Fangry was quick to assert his independence. Like many Decepticons, he was wary of the Autobot/Decepticon alliance that had tenuously been forged in the aftermath of Unicron's destruction. The new Autobot commander, Grimlock, didn't make things any easier by throwing cups of oil at Fangry's head to shut him up. Later that night, Fangry tried to jump Grimlock, but bit off more than he could chew, as Grimlock had just received his spiffy new Action Master upgrade., and when
Fangry's public humiliation did serve a purpose, however, as it gave Bludgeon a rallying point to ensure his fellow Decepticons were willing to end the alliance abruptly and leave the Autobots stranded on Cybertron. Klo , and after the Autobots arrived and were successfully ambushed, Fangry served as lead tracker hunting the remaining five Autobots. He again tried to attack Grimlock, who dispatched him with a single punch through the chest and out the back.Fangry accompanied Bludgeon and the Decepticons to the massacre on planet
Marvel UK future timelines
In 1995, Shockwave led Fangry, Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull in investigating an alleged "Autobot secret weapon", and instead found a feminist rally where Optimus Prime was unveiling the new female Autobot, Arcee. Unfortunately for them, Fangry and his pals underestimated Arcee's prowess, and she ended up mopping the floor with them.
Another Time and Place
After the disaster on Klo, Fangry attempted to challenge Bludgeon's leadership. The Pretender had him down on his back and a sword at his throat before Fangry even finished the sentence. The Decepticons' next move was to track Grimlock and the Dinobots to Hydrus Four, and lay claim to the Nucleon supply there. Bludgeon planned to revive the glorious Megatron, but Fangry didn't much care either way. Bored, he went looking for something to kill. After catching sight of something glimmering in the water, he leaned over to have a closer look...only to be knocked into the water by Nightbeat and dismembered by Springer and an Autobot raiding party that was lying in wait.
Apparently repaired after having most of his chest and back smashed through by Grimlock's fist on Klo, Fangry was one of countless Decepticons under Bludgeon's command when they fought the Autobots over ownership of a cache of weapons on an unnamed barren world. The Decepticons were easily overpowering the Autobots; Fangry, in particular, was having no problem throwing Bumblebee around, though he did suffer a karate chop from another Autobot. Bludgeon ordered a retreat when a gigantic, monstrous creature who guarded their quarry warned them away.
Nevertheless, Bludgeon's progress continued, and Fangry and the other Decepticons raided other ships to build themselves a frightening Warworld. Later, Fangry and the other Decepticons were ordered to rampage across Earth in order to get Optimus Prime's attention. Fangry, like his comrades, enjoyed this job very much. Their "work" was interrupted when Megatron returned in a powerful new body with Starscream in tow. When Megatron challenged Bludgeon for leadership of the Decepticons, Fangry bet against Megatron in a quiet wager with Starscream. Fangry lost that wager.
After Megatron assumed command, he immediately attacked Tykos's Rheanimum facility. Fangry helped out by biting the arm of one of the mechanoids while digging his claws into its skull. Soon after the acquisition of the Rheanium, Megatron's forces clashed with Jhiaxus's Cybertronian Empire. Megatron declared war against them as Fangry and the other Decepticons cheered him on. Their feelings changed, however, when the Warworld was attacked. Fangry and the others fought the Cybertronians on the surface of the Warworld, but they were getting massacred. With the apparent defeat of Megatron at the hands of Jhiaxus, the Cybertronians pulled out, sparing Fangry but leaving several others dead.
Megatron miraculously survived and quickly allied himself with Optimus Prime's Autobots. The Autobots faired little better against the Cybertronian Empire on Ethos, but when Fangry and the other Decepticons arrived to help, the tide was turned.
- Fangry (Headmaster, 1988)
- Accessories: "Brisko" Headmaster driver, "ion pulse gun", wings/shield
- Like the other 1988 Decepticon Headmasters, Fangry's alternate mode is a mix of different animals—in his case, he is a bat-winged wolf with a reptilian tail. (Though some might say he more resembles a rat - these people don't voice their opinion within Fangry's earsight, though...)
- Like all Headmaster toys, Fangry's robot mode has a flip-down panel on his chest which covers a spring-loaded mini-Tech-Spec-meter which gives readings for Speed, Strength and Intelligence. The tumblers are activated when Brisko (or any other Headmaster unit) is plugged into his neck socket. Brisko has Fangry's face plainly visible on his back because, as a smaller Headmaster toy, he lacks the flip-down panel that covers the face featured on larger Headmasters. In beast mode, Brisko can fit inside a compartment in Fangry's stomach. In robot mode, Fangry can hold the wings accessory as a shield.
- This toy was sold in Japan without changes as Wilder.
- Fangry's character model made one animated appearance in a commercial advertising the 1988 Autobot and Decepticon Headmasters. Fangry, Horri-Bull, and Squeezeplay burst through a wall, Brisko becomes Fangry's head as they transform, and the three engage the new Headmaster Autobots. Galvatron provides a voiceover, claiming that their new Headmasters would give the Decepticons "more brainpower than ever." Galvatron clearly hasn't interacted with Fangry yet. Or the other two, really. 
- It's never really been explained why Fangry has an alternate mode which seems rather organic. A Pretender/Headmaster seems unlikely.