Episode 3 is the third episode of War For Cybertron Trilogy: Chapter 2: Earthrise. This episode was written by Gavin Hignight.
The Autobots locate the Allspark, but a deserted space station and its lone occupant stand in the way. The Decepticons catch up with the Ark.
Optimus admits that he’s done great harm. He was mistaken in sending the AllSpark away, so they must find it and return it to Cybertron. Bumblebee adds that they’ll find it together, as he now considers himself to be an official Autobot.
Wheeljack informs Optimus and Bumblebee that they’re far away from the projected location of the Allspark. However, even if they had enough energon to make the journey, they’d never get back in time to save Cybertron. Ratchet explains that there is a solution. The Decepticons destroyed all the Spacebridges on Cybertron, but there’s still a few out in space and Ratchet has found one in the Nebulon system. However, the Spacebridge is in a state of perpetual activation, meaning someone left it on. Fortunately, it can be used as a shortcut to find the Allspark. Ironhide then sets course for the Nebulon system.
The Autobots arrive at the Nebulon system to find 42% of the Nebulon station has traveled through the Spacebridge, though the other 58% remains on the other side. Teletraan-1 detects trace amounts of energon on board but no life. Optimus orders Ironhide to take them in closer.
The Autobots board the Nebulon station and turn the power back on. Ratchet tells Optimus that Wheeljack’s plan is their best option; they need to cut the Spacebridge off, which will cut the station in half. However, Ratchet warns them that the tiniest miscalculation could destroy the Spacebridge. Wheeljack wants to set off a controlled explosion that will sever the Nebulon station into two pieces. Arcee warns Optimus and Bumblebee to be careful as they have to cross through the portal to set their charges. Optimus and Bumblebee then cross through the portal, where they find themselves within a planet’s atmosphere.
While Wheeljack and Arcee plant the bombs, he reveals that he doesn’t think the Ark got stuck in the Spacebridge on accident. They suddenly find themselves under attack by a large creature. Wheeljack and Arcee fire at Scorponok as he kills one of their own before charging towards them.
Jetfire, Elita, Red Alert, and Chromia return to the old theater with Scrapface and the other Decepticons after nearly blowing their cover when he attacked a couple seekers. He’s surprised to learn that as Autobots, they also do repairs on Decepticons. Scarface then gets a Decepticon-wide transmission from Shockwave, who explains that Megatron has ordered all Decepticons to report to Kaon Arena. He claims that they have energon to protect them. Elita suspects that Shockwave’s luring them to the arena to harvest their sparks. Elita wants to lead the remaining Autobots and Decepticons to Kaon to destroy the arena.
Wheeljack and Arcee continue to fend off Scorponok, though their blaster does little to deter him.
Bumblebee scans the city below them, but there are no indications of life. It has been abandoned for cycles. Optimus sets the bomb and then gets Wheeljack’s transmission for help.
Wheeljack is being crushed by Scorponok when Mirage uses a mirage of Omega Supreme to distract Scorponok long enough for Wheeljack to escape his clutch. Optimus arrives and orders the Autobots to retreat to the Ark. Scorponok then transforms, forcing the Autobots to flee.
Megatron arrives at the Spacebridge in the Nebulon system. He tells Barricade to hold his fire. If Prime has come to the Spacebridge, then it means he’s searching for the Allspark. Furthermore, they can’t risk destroying the Spacebridge, so the Decepticons plan to board the Nebulon system.
- Optimus Prime (Jake Foushee)
- Bumblebee (Joe Zieja)
- Arcee (Sophia Isabella)
- Wheeljack (Bill Rogers)
- Elita One (Linsay Rousseau)
- Ratchet (Rafael Goldstein)
- Autobot Security Officer (Rafael Goldstein)
- Jetfire (Keith Silverstein)
- Omega Supreme (Keith Silverstein)
- Ironhide (Kaiser Johnson)
- Chromia (Georgia Reed)
- Red Alert (Todd Haberkorn)
- Mirage (Shawn Hawkins)
- Sideswipe (Mark Whitten)
- Megatron (Jason Marnocha)
- Scrapface (Adin Rudd)
- Seeker Guard (Kaiser Johnson)
- Shockwave (Todd Haberkorn)
- Starscream (Frank Todaro)
- Seeker Guard (Sean Wright)
- Decepticon Refugee (Mark Whitten)
- Barricade (Alexander DiLallo)