- Emperor of Destruction is a rank used in all Japanese continuities.
The term "Emperor of Destruction" (破壊大帝 Hakai Taitei) refers to the highest-ranking member of the Decepticon, Predacon or Vehicon military. The Emperor of Destruction is the Supreme Commander of the entire race, bowing to no higher authority.
Known Emperors of DestructionEdit
Deathsaurus's on-package bio notes that he "succeeded Overlord as the fifth Decepticon leader", indicating that the Godmaster became overall leader in the interim between Super-God Masterforce and Victory, following the death of his superiors at the end of the former. Whether or not he ever took the actual "Emperor of Destruction" title, however, is unknown.
- Starscream (self-proclaimed)
- Smokescreen (jokingly self-proclaimed)
- New Emperor of Destruction (新破壊大帝 Shin Hakai Taitei) for Generation One Galvatron and Beast Wars II Galvatron
- Strongest Emperor of Destruction (最強破壊大帝 Saikyō Hakai Taitei) for Ultra Megatron
- Dark Emperor of Destruction (闇の破壊大帝 Yami no Hakai Taitei) for Rebirth Megatron
- True Emperor of Destruction (真破壊大帝 Shin Hakai Taitei) for Master Galvatron
There are other similar titles to "Emperor of Destruction", including:
- Emperor of Terror (恐怖大帝 Kyōfu Taitei) for MegaZarak
- Emperor of Darkness (暗黒大帝 Ankoku Taitei) for BlackZarak
- Führer of Darkness (闇の総統 Yami no Sōtō) for Devil Z
- Ambassador of Destruction (破壊大使 Hakai Taishi) for Overlord
- Strongest Emperor (最強大帝 Saikyō Taitei) for Violen Jiger
- Great Emperor (大帝王 Taiteiō) for Dark Nova
- Führer (総統 Sōtō) for Scrash
- Duke of Destruction (破壊公爵 Hakai Kōshaku) for Megastorm
- Archduke of Destruction (破壊大公 Hakai Taikō) for Gigastorm
- Dark God of Destruction (闇の破壊神 Yami no Hakaishin) for Gigatron
- Ultimate God of Destruction (究極破壊神 Kyūkyoku Hakaijin) for Devil Gigatron
- General of Destruction for Strika
The term "Emperor of Destruction" has appeared twice in the English fiction directly. The first time was on Magmatron's techspech from Beast Machines. The second time was in BotCon 2005 on Deathsaurus' card, in which it is stated that "His ultimate goal is to re-establish his title of Emperor of Destruction and return the Decepticon Empire to its former prominence". While Magmatron's is clearly just a title, Deathsaurus' is more clearly addressed as the title of the Decepticon Leader.