Dial is the Autobots' energy resource scout and a Mini-Cassette. Unfortunately, Dial has a keen curiosity, bringing him to major system failures when investigating sources of energy.
- Dial (W Cassettebot, 1987)
- Japanese ID number: C-123
- Accessories: 2 cannons (left & right)
- Dial is a mini-cassette that transforms into what appears to be a green Iguanodon. He has a good range of articulation with movement at the neck, arms, hips, knees and tail. Two silver guns plug into the faux cassette tape holes near his neck. In tape mode, he fits into the chest compartment of Blaster or Soundwave (and their retooled reincarnations).
- Dial combines with Saur to form the upper body of their combined mode Legout. In this form, Dial's guns form over-shoulder artillery.
- As one of the vanishingly few toys unique to the Headmasters toy line and something of a tail-ender within the line, Dial and the other three "dino-cassettes" command ridiculous sums on the secondary market. Their actual rarity is questionable, though; similar "exclusive holy grails" Stepper, Artfire, Twincast and Soundblaster were uncommon, but not vanishingly rare, yet still commanded top dollar due to overseas perception (until they got reissued, at any rate). As there appear to be no plans to reproduce these cassettes, their high-price status is unlikely to change.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.