Chromia is a soldier under the command of Elita One and seems to function as a second-in-command for her, leading the rest of the team when Elita's not around. She's brave, hard as nails and, not surprisingly, in a relationship with Ironhide. She has also taken over from Firestar as Flareup's mentor when the latter turned out to be better suited to more offense-oriented tasks.
The Transformers cartoon
Four million years ago, Chromia tried to board the Ark, while it was being attacked, with the rest of Elita One's team. The plan failed though, and she and the others appeared to be destroyed.
Chromia led a mission to steal energon cubes from Shockwave. When Moonracer got trapped after disobeying orders, Chromia confronted the alerted Shockwave and managed to trick him into freeing Moonracer.
Shortly thereafter, a team of Decepticons from Earth came to capture Elita One. In doing so, Rumble destroyed the Female Autobots' underground base, trapping them inside. When they managed to free themselves, Chromia took charge of the search for their missing leader. On their way, they met up with a group of Earth-stationed Autobots who had come looking for Optimus Prime and Chromia was reunited with Ironhide. The two teams together fought the Decepticons, eventually winning when Optimus and Elita returned. Given a new base by Alpha Trion, Chromia stayed with Elita's squad on Cybertron when Optimus' team returned to Earth.
Dreamwave Comics continuity
Chromia and the other female Autobots were an elite squad of warriors under the command of the Quintessons.
Timelines: Descent into Evil comic
Chromia and her ward Flareup were part of an Autobot strike force tasked with destroying the Decepticon general Deathsaurus' cloning lab on Ceti Alpha Seven. Although the pair had handily beaten Deathsaurus' Insecticon underling Buzzclaw on Regulon Four some time previous, they were taken by surprise by the first production run of clones. Although Chromia fought effectively against the clones, she was no match for Deathsaurus himself when he entered the battle personally. Falling before the general's might, she was taken captive.
IDW comic continuity
- Descent into Evil (multi-pack, 2005)
- Accessories: Launcher, missile, scope, 2 tailpipes, energon chip
- Available only as part of BotCon 2005's "Descent into Evil" set (along with Buzzclaw, Deathsaurus, Dirge, Fallback, Ironhide and Ricochet, Chromia is a retool of Energon Arcee, transforming into a Cybertronic racing motorcycle. She has multiple clear-plastic "energon" parts that form side-thrusters in bike mode, and combine to form a massive compound bow with a spring-loaded missile.
- The toy was originally intended to be Moonracer, but Fun Publications could not secure the trademark on the name. As such, Chromia's toy is in Moonracer's teal and white colors and has a head that resembles Moonracer's. (Fun Publications' intent was for the head to be a compromise between the Moonracer and Firestar head designs.)
- Her base mold is also used by Flamewar and the live-action movieverse Arcee and Elita-One, while the Chromia-retooled version is also used by Flareup.