|Specifics: toy, fictional appearances|
Bump is exceedingly reserved in character. He rarely shows any extremities in emotion in any way, be it positive or negative. He believes only in science and considers Cybertronian religions and beliefs to be nothing more than over-hyped fairy tales.
The only time Bump is really happy is when he’s retreated into his own private little world of theorems, where he can perform all the experiments he wants without the distractions of others. Though quiet and often times shy, Bump is still good-natured and respectful. Though responsible for many of their greatest weapons, he left the Maximal army when he grew tired of being limited to constructing machines of war. He now works on commission and only on projects that catch his interest. He's quite frugal with his pay and invests it all right back into his studies.
Bump possesses many advanced sensors in his hands and is a quick-draw champion, but has very little actual combat experience.
Beast Wars Neo cartoonEdit
- Voice actor: Eiji Takemoto (Japanese)
Bump was a civilian scientist with no taste for warfare, so he immersed himself in researching the desert planet of Tasmo. Despite his civilian status, he brooked no interruption of his work, and would respond forcefully to such interference with his Claw Blaster beam gun and morningstar-like Chain Bomber weapons.
When Big Convoy's Maximals landed on Tasmo in search of another Angolmois capsule, Bump was thoroughly annoyed at the interruption. So while they were away from their ship, he stole pieces of it and took them back to his lab. The Maximals returned and discovered the theft, then followed the tracks left on the ground from the dragged pieces to Bump's laboratory. A brief standoff followed, but eventually, Bump reluctantly agreed to show them the capsule he kept in a storehouse. As he did, the Predacons Guiledart and Sling attacked and stole the capsule. (Curiously, Bump didn't seem to mind this destruction of his property as much as he did the Maximals' landing.) The capsule turned out to be so decrepit that its energy had already transferred to another capsule, which didn't sit well with the Predacons. They were beaten away and the capsule was retrieved when Big Convoy arrived, so their opinion didn't amount to much. After the Maximals departed, they discovered Bump had also disconnected their ship's turbo mechanisms, hindering their pace, and they could only marvel at his sheer power.
Beast Wars Neo mangaEdit
IDW Beast Wars: The AscendingEdit
Bump was hired by Lio Convoy for a rather unenviable task. After helping Big Convoy locate Lio's crew, he was told to use the Angolmois that Ravage acquired from Rartorarta to develop a cure. The unenviable part: He needed to make enough for all of Cybertron.
Beast Wars NeoEdit
- Bump (Basic, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: C-38
- Accessories: "Chain Bomber" mace/leg, "Claw Blaster" blaster/leg
- A redeco of the Beast Wars Armordillo mold, Bump transforms into a Brazilian giant armadillo. He shifts to robot mode with a spring-loaded one-step transformation. His left rear beast-mode leg separates to form a non-firing blaster, while the right leg becomes a chain-and-mace melee weapon.
- This mold was also used to make Psycho-Orb.
- Bump vs Bazooka (Vs pack, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: VS-38
- Bump was available both individually and in a two-pack with the Predacon Bazooka.
- His robot mode appears for all of ten seconds or so during the Beast Wars Neo series.
- His beast mode in said series is adorned with a pair of little round spectacles. This is adorable.