Blurr is a bot of action. And words. A lot of words. A lot of words said at high speed.
An intelligence agent in the Cybertron Elite Guard, Blurr tends to barrel ahead with whatever he's doing and simply expects everyone else to keep pace... be it on a mission or in simple conversation. His motor-mouth and penchant for tangents tend to leave others in the dust, forcing them to ask him to repeat things. He is UBER fast.
- Voice actor: John Moschitta (English), Gerald Schaale (German), Luis Rojas (Spanish), Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese)
Blurr initially became known to the Autobots through his participation in Master Disaster's Street Demon races. This was because Master Disaster manipulated him using a remote control that contained an AllSpark fragment.
Blurr proved impossible to beat on the race course; under Master Disaster's control, Blurr used aggressive tactics and sped past Bumblebee twice, even though the yellow Autobot was using his rocket boosters.
Later, the Key detected the AllSpark fragment, so Sari stole the remote control to investigate it, which apparently broke Master Disaster's control over Blurr. When Blitzwing was about to attack Bumblebee, Blurr charged off a bridge and played a mid-air game of chicken with Blitzwing, causing the Decepticon to veer off and crash into a skyscraper. Later that night, Bumblebee was on the roof of the Autobots' factory base when he spotted Blurr driving down a nearby highway past the building. Bee called out a thank you, but Blurr gave no response.
Blurr intercepted a transmission between Megatron and a double agent on Cybertron revealing that Bulkhead was the best Space Bridge technician in the entire galaxy, and would thus be a target for kidnapping. Blurr sped off to try to stop Megatron, but was instead stopped by Bumblebee. The yellow bot chased him around for a while, until he finally knocked Blurr off the road. This angered Blurr, so he transformed into robot mode, introduced himself and his mission, and gave Bumblebee the chewing out of a lifetime, all in about thirty seconds. Bumblebee missed everything he said past the first sentence.
Later, at the Autobot base, Blurr again introduced himself and explained his mission, this time to the entire Autobot crew, minus Bulkhead. They still had trouble understanding him, but were able to make out the fact that Bulkhead was an expert and that Isaac Sumdac had aided Megatron in building a space bridge.
Blurr led Bumblebee, Optimus, and Prowl to Megatron's base. They had a brief encounter with Blitzwing and Lugnut, whom Blurr quickly caught in stasis cuffs. After watching, Bumblebee reluctantly admitted that he was no longer the fastest thing on wheels. The Autobots managed to reach Megatron's throne room, but Blurr was quickly defeated by Scrapper. After escaping from Scrapper, Blurr stasis cuffed Skywarp. As fast as he is, though, Blurr failed to get out of the way of Thundercracker, who crashed into both him and Coward Starscream, getting them caught in his cement overcoat and sending them all tumbling into the space bridge. Bulkhead attempted to recall them, but explained that the targeting coordinates of the bridge were never set, meaning that they could have been sent anywhere in the galaxy.
Blurr later escaped Thundercracker and Skywarp, managing to run across the galaxy on space debris to get back to Cybertron. Upon arriving there, he reported his finding to Longarm Prime and said that they would be able to uncover the identity of the traitor with a few scans. Shockwave didn't seem to like this, and revealed himself to Blurr, who promptly ran off. After telling himself he couldn't catch Blurr, Shockwave settled for trapping the escaping Blurr and crushing him to scrap metal (much to the dismay of his newly acquired fans).
After a few helpless whimpers and a terrified expression, Blurr was no more. Cliffjumper then unknowingly threw away the cube of what remained of him.
- Blurr (Deluxe, 2008)
- Accessories: Shield/Energy Saw
- Blurr transforms into a blue Cybertronic car, this time with wheels. The wheels make him "possibly even faster then Bumblebee". This version of Blurr comes with a shield much like his G1 toy, but with an added feature of converting into an energy saw. The saw blade can also be stored in two holes on his upper back. The spike on top of his head, and those on his shoulders are made of a softer, bendy rubber, to keep it from snapping and/or poking out eyes.
- At the BotCon 2008 Cartoon Network panel, it was revealed that Blurr's design has a few small homages to Transtech Cheetor, mainly the "hollow" wheels in his legs.
- Blurr's head design is either based on a helmet that cyclists wear or that of Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Aside from the obvious homage aspect, Blurr also has the same voice actor as his Generation One inspiration, though Moschitta's speed-speech skill is given a different twist, namely that he no longer repeats himself.
- Despite his crushing, it is still entirely possible Blurr is still online, albeit immobilized and unable to tell anyone of his predicament. He wouldn't be the first to survive being crushed into a cube. Concept art of cubed-Blurr that shows a spark within him supports this theory. Despite not actually seeing the spark during the episode, it is likely Blurr was alive. Every Transformer who died in Transformers Animated turned grey and black, such as Optimus Prime, Prowl, and Starscream, while Blurr's cube was his standard colours. But then again, it's likely Cliffjumper dumped Blurr's remains into an incinerator meaning there is almost no hope Blurr is still alive. But then again...
- In a comic set after the series, Cliffjumper is shown holding the cube of what remained of Blurr as he attends a Stunticon event.
- After the end of Season 3 and still unknown in his "shoebox" life, he is presumed as the first Autobot Casualty second to Prowl.
- Even though he's voiced by the same guy as his original version, he sounds more like he's voiced by Scott McNeil
- Someone get this guy some decaff, seriously.