Blurr is a serious minded, yet highly competitive warrior. His skill and dedication have made him an expert marksman, serving as a sniper in Optimus Prime's unit. Once a champion racer, Blurr now trains up and coming racers in the intricacies of the sport. His gruff personality can be off-putting to his students and fellow soldiers, but he is tough on them only because he expects the very best from himself and those around him.
- Japanese name: Silverbolt
Blurr was an Autobot officer holding the rank of lieutenant, a veteran of the campaigns on the war-torn planet Duke. While serving on Cybertron, Blurr encountered a young Autobot named Side Swipe, who had somehow fallen prey to a trap which left him hanging upside down from a rope. To his chagrin, saving the younger soldier led to Side Swipe idolizing Blurr, to the point of following the seasoned soldier to Earth.
At his old friend Scavenger's request, Blurr transferred to Optimus Prime's command on Earth. He arrived in time to snipe a Mini-Con storage panel right out of Demolishor's fingers just as the Decepticons were warping back to their base. The Mini-Con panel activated to reveal Incinerator, who latched onto his savior, though Blurr had little idea of how to treat the Mini-Con. Soon afterwards the kids tried to become friends with the taciturn Autobot, but he blew them off, sternly stating that in war there is no time for foolish games, and that they should grow up. As the two fastest Autobots on land, Blurr was paired with Hot Shot in the search for the next Mini-Con on a race track. The two Autobots butted heads over how to proceed with the mission, culminating in the loss of the Mini-Con panel to the Decepticons. Afterwards, Hot Shot apologized to Blurr, who appreciated the sentiment and concluded that he was unaware that the Mini-Cons were more than just tools and that he doesn't get along with others very well.
- Voice actor: Brian Drummond (English), ? (Japanese)
Appearing only in vehicle mode, and usually with several redecos of himself, Blurr was one of the many Autobot refugees hiding on Earth. At some point he adds a spoiler to himself.
Black Sea of SandokanEdit
Dreamwave Armada comics continuityEdit
Blurr was a member of Jetfire's squad on Cybertron, along with Rhinox, Dropshot, Side Swipe and Overload. He made his first appearance when Optimus Prime visited Jetfire at Autobase: Cybertron. Later on, he was given the task of blowing up the Nexus by Jetfire, but he was unable to do so as the destruct sequence could only be activated manually. While fighting the Unicron herald Bludgeon, Blurr's gun and fingers were cut off by the Pretender.
- Blurr with Incinerator (Super-Con, 2002/2003)
- Japanese ID number: MC-08
- Accessories: 2 launchers, 2 missiles
- Blurr transforms into a sleek Ferrari F50 like Cybertronic race car. In this mode, plugging his packed-in Mini-Con partner Incinerator into the space under Blurr's spoiler causes the rear side panels of Blurr's car mode to flip down into a "flight mode". This mode also makes his twin Powerlinx-activated spring-loaded missile launchers available, which become hand-held weapons in robot mode. However, due to the aforementioned gimmick, he ends up carrying about three quarters of the car mode on his back. He's also not that posable.
- The Japanese release of Blurr has several significant color differences, most notably the lack of "dirt-wash" on his car mode, clear-red canopy rather than clear-yellow, plus his head has an entirely different set of paint applications.
- In November of 2003, US Toys "R" Us stores had special bonus pack Max-Con (Deluxe) toys, which came with a single bonus Mini-Con attached to the card over their sticker, for less than the price as a normal Max-Con during Toys "R" Us' post-Thanksgiving-day sale. Like Sideways, Blurr could come with one of the Destruction Mini-Con Team members: Buzzsaw, Drill Bit, or Dualor.
- Silverbolt w/ Turbo and Street Speed Microns (multi-pack, 2003)
- Japanese ID number: MS-05
- In Japan, Blurr was available both separately and in a multi-pack with the Street Speed Mini-Con Team.
- Blurr vs Buzzsaw (Vs pack, 2005)
- Japanese ID number: GS-01
- Accessories: 2 launchers, 2 missiles, Speed Planet Key
- A retool of Armada Blurr, Cybertron Blurr transforms into a sleek Cybertronic Ferrari F50-like race car. As he comes with no Mini-Con, inserting his Cyber Planet Key into the space under Blurr's spoiler causes the rear side panels of Blurr's car mode to flip down into a "flight mode". This mode also makes his twin spring-loaded missile launchers available, which become hand-held weapons in robot mode. These missile launchers have been similarly retooled to remove the Powerlinx gimmick, replaced with traditional firing tabs. Blurr also features a new head, based heavily upon Generation One Blurr.
3D Battle-Card GameEdit
- Blurr (2007)
- A 28-point character in the 3D Battle-Card Game's "Energon Wars" expansion, Blurr "transforms" into a race car that borrows liberally from his toy design, with a robot mode inspired by the "Movie" aesthetic. He uses the same parts layout as Movie Jazz.
- The Cybertron Blurr toy represents not only Armada Blurr, but a native Velocitronian Blurr, a Cybertronian Blurr who isn't Armada Blurr, and several "generics" from both planets. See "Who is Blurr?" on Cybertron Blurr's page for more.