Blast Master loves receiving orders. He's eager to load up on equipment. He's enthusiastic about blasting off into space. He's delighted to engage in battle. He's also quite likely to screw up bigtime, thanks to all this reckless enthusiasm.
- French name (Canada): Explo-As
- Astro Squad (Micromaster Combiner Squad, 1990)
- Blast Master transforms into the back half of a black and white space shuttle. As a Micromaster Combiner, he can connect to the half-a-vehicle mode of any other Combiner to make a new vehicle mode, and can also attach to any Micromaster Combiner Transport. He was only available as part of the Astro Team, along with Phaser, Missile Master, Moonrock, Barrage and Heave.
Return of Convoy
- Shuttle Rocket W Team (Micro Trailer Team, 1991)
- Japanese ID number: C-364
- Accessories: Micro Trailer #4
- Blast Master was released in Return of Convoy as part of the Shuttle Rocket W Team, with Phaser, Missile Master and Moonrock. All four toys are identical to their Hasbro releases. The set also came with Micro Trailer #4.
- Normally, the word "blast" is rendered in katakana as ブラスト ("bu-ra-su-to") — like in Blastarm or Broadblast. However, the katakana used in Blast Master's Japanese name is most decidedly ブレスト ("bu-re-su-to") — which is usually used to render the English words "breast" or "blessed". It appears that this is not an uncommon misspelling, so it is uncertain as to whether Takara were intentionally trying to give Blast Master the name "Breast Master"/"Blessed Master". However, it is somewhat notable that this same spelling was used to render the first part of Blast Off's name, an unrelated shuttle character released years prior. Perhaps the conventional katakana "spelling" changed at some point, a not unheard-of occurrence.