Blackout is a member of the Destruction Team, five super-energon-powered military vehicles who combine to form the mighty Bruticus Maximus. In life, he was a nonentity, and he remained so in death, only in more pieces.
Blackout's only real distinction is his name, which he shares with at least two other Transformers in his own time period alone, to say nothing of the rest of the multiverse.
- Japanese name: Blast Off
Energon cartoon continuityEdit
Blackout is never seen as an individual, only as the limb to a super robot.
- Blackout (Basic, 2005)
- Team ID number: D3
- Accessories: Energon blaster, Decepticon-type energon chip
- Blackout shares a mold with his teammate Stormcloud, transforming into an assault helicopter somewhat similar to an Apache. He can also form the arm or leg to any "Powerlinx Combiner" super robot combination, though his nominal placement is as the left arm to Bruticus Maximus. He comes with a quintuple-barreled "super energon" cannon that forms a hand or footplate for his limb-modes, plus a blue Decepticon-style energon chip.
- Bruticus (Multi-pack, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: SD-21
- In Japan, Blackout (aka "Blast Off") was only available as part of a complete set of all five Destruction Team members, never as an individual. He has a slightly different coloration than the Hasbro release.