|Specifics: Fiction, toy|
Bighorn is a raging animal in battle who despises down-time of any sort. He’ll go into a battle giving his all and won’t step down unless he has won. Though a raging maniac on the battlefield, he is also a nature-lover, loyal and gentle to his friends, who cherishes all life. These two, seemingly conflicting sides of his personality both spring from the same core belief: that the galaxy should be free and at peace. How Bighorn reacts to any situation or being depends entirely on how they measure against that rule. He is as dedicated to those that follow it as he is implacable and unforgiving to those that break it.
Bighorn has a soft spot for red flowers, even if they tend to throw him into an angry mood. He also (surprisingly) has deep affections for the Seacon named Scylla and attempts to attract her attention whenever possible. He is a seasoned warrior but by no means a genius. He loses most of his common sense when in a fighting frenzy, is easily goaded into conflict, and his powerful attacks often endanger his own allies.
Beast Wars II and Neo animation
- Voice actor: Masami Iwasaki (Japan)
During a lull in fighting between the Maximals and the Predacons, Tasmanian Kid showed Bighorn a red flower. Having a bunch of pent up anger over not being able to fight anything, Bighorn snapped and went on a rampage. It all ended okay for the Maximals. The Predacons? Not so much. Fortunately, the event managed to calm Bighorn down...until he saw another red flower.
Beast Wars II manga
Beast Wars Neo manga
There is a statue of Bighorn dressed like a monk in an (probably) Japanese-styled temple on Break's home planet. Bighorn is the one who evolved the native residents (penguins) become Transformers, thus making him be worshiped as a god of the planet.
- Bighorn (Deluxe, 1997)
- Japanese ID number: C-13
- Accessories: Missile
- A redeco of the Hasbro Bonecrusher toy, Bighorn transforms into a black organic bison with red robot parts. In both beast and robot modes, pulling back on his beast-mode tail causes his robot-mode head to launch forward in a headbutt attack. This attack also launches a spring-loaded missile from his mouth at the end of his lunge.
- Bighorn vs Starscream & BB (Vs pack, 1997)
- Japanese ID number: VS-13
- Bighorn (Contest prize, 1997)
- A blue, light-blue, cream and black redeco of Bighorn was made available as a prize in a Comics Bom Bom design contest, along with other oddly decoed versions of the five principal good guys from Beast Wars II. It is unknown how many of these were awarded.